ProVari Ego Adapter wont work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shatteredsoul76

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 23, 2014
    Portland, TN, USA
    I just got in a ego adapter from Provape to use on kanger Evod glass as well as Aspire ET-s tanks and I cant get either of them to thread on properly and work. If I loosen the coil heads a few turns the tanks will screw right on but if the coil head is seated nice and snug like it needs to be then they will only screw on about half-way. Of course I cant make enough contact with the pin either way to get them to work and the pin has no adjustment. I only bought this from Provape due to their quality being top notch but this is pretty frustrating.

I only want to use the smaller tanks every now and again but really want to keep one for a back-up tank while Im out and about just in case my Nautilus or Aerotank messes up. Also I have a V2 Provari if that makes a difference. I searched around on ECF and couldnt find an answer to get it to work. I may order a cheap one and see if it will work.

Anyone have a fix for this or any thoughts? Thanks!

Rickajho

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 23, 2011
    Boston MA
    This one? => ProVari & ProVape-1 Ego-T Adapter

It should work but if you read the reviews of it on ProVape there were at least two complaint reports of... EVOD and PT Mini's not screwing onto the eGo threads of the adapter. On either type of tank, if it is screwing on properly the only thing you should still see exposed are the 510 threads on the adapter, and possibly the very bottom of the Ego part on the adapter.

Could just be you got one with bad machining on the eGo threads - poop happens in manufacturing. Run it under a magnifying glass if you have one handy to see if you can spot anything obvious with the eGo threads. Regardless, if you can't get an EVOD or PT Mini or what have you to screw on easily just contact ProVape about a replacement.

shatteredsoul76

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 23, 2014
    Portland, TN, USA
    Thanks Rickajho, that is the one and I seen reviews stating that they also worked with evods etc as well. I can get the tanks to tighten most of the way but they still get a bad connection and wont work/fire. I do have a large lighted magnifying lamp and havent thought about giving the threads a look see under it, will do that tommorrow and post back what I find. If I dont see anything obvious with the threads Ill probably just call Provape and see what they say. I have only been vaping for a few weeks so all of my vape gear is new except the Provari but it is in excellent shape so no issues there.

I had a bad experience with my Nautilus leaking while I was out and about and almost gave in to buying a pack of analogs after only a week of quitting. I fought the urge and finally got the tank working but I refuse to be in that situation again so I need to get this adapter to work so I can pack around a small tank or two as back-ups.

Trypno

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 17, 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    That's odd, I've never had that problem with my EGO adapter...every tank I've used with mine has worked just fine, be it an EVOD tank or just an ego skirted tank.
    Then again, I have the ProVari 2.5, not the 2...though I really don't see why that would be a problem.
    Have you tried submitting a support ticket with ProVape? Maybe you just got a bad thread, and they might replace it for you.

shatteredsoul76

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 23, 2014
    Portland, TN, USA
    An update to this, I looked at the threads under a magnifying glass and didnt see anything wrong with them. I tried the adapter on my Sigelei with the same results from the kanger as well as the aspire tanks. I completely took off the kanger coil head and got the base to easily thread down, I then loosened the adapter a bit and threaded the coil head back it until it was snug and was able to get it to fire with the base and coil head only. As soon as I assembled the kanger back together and tried it again it wouldnt fire on my Provari or my Segelei.

As another test I used the adapter along with my Nautilus on both mods and it fired with no problems. The best I can tell is the adapter is just too high to let the base seat properly so the coil head is touching the pin. I also wonder if it has something to do with the newer style coil heads, as stated before the tanks are genuine and bought new a few weeks ago. I will be contacting Provari to see what they say but Im not sure what could be done to get it to work.

I love my Provari but this adapter is a big negative in my book.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I got an eGo Thread Adapter a Long Time ago and it did the Same Thing.

On the Battery Side of the Adapter, the Center Pin didn't go down far enough to make contact with the Provari Center Pin.

So I put a piece of 220 Sand Paper on my Desk and Dragged the Adapter over it a like you Erase something with a Pencil Eraser. Made the Threads and the Pin Flush on the Adapter.

Doesn't Take Much. And you have to Keep the Adapter at a Right Angle to the Sand Paper. Also, you Need to Clean the Adapter Threads Very Well before you Screw it onto your Provari. Else you might get Grit in the Provari threads.

---

NOTE: Removing Material from Anything should ALWAYS be a Last Resort. Because the Old Say'n is True. You can Remove Material... But you Can't Put It Back On.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Woodburn, OR
    The pin in the adapters is identical (more or less) to the one in the ProVari itself, it's a very tight press fit, but it can be moved.

The biggest problem is the adapter is machined to very tight and specific tolerences and the Kangers stuff is cast crap. The knockoffs are even worse. About 1/3 of my ego threaded stuff works with the provape adapter.

Hope that helps.

shatteredsoul76

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 23, 2014
    Portland, TN, USA
    I emailed Provape about the adapter not working and they sent me out a new one for free that works prefect. Im still not sure what the issue is with the other one though. Im very impressed with Provapes customer service. Im thinking of ordering a Provape 1 for my wife and shes not into any kind of settings other than push a button and vape.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I emailed Provape about the adapter not working and they sent me out a new one for free that works prefect. Im still not sure what the issue is with the other one though. Im very impressed with Provapes customer service. Im thinking of ordering a Provape 1 for my wife and shes not into any kind of settings other than push a button and vape.

Isn't it Nice to deal with a Company that Doesn't Quibble over a RMA and just fixes the issue Quickly?

shatteredsoul76

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 23, 2014
    Portland, TN, USA
    Isn't it Nice to deal with a Company that Doesn't Quibble over a RMA and just fixes the issue Quickly?

Its actually great, I offered to send back the bad one and they said to not worry about it. To me there are several great things about Provape including American made, less than 1% failure rate and great warranty just to name a few.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread