The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Provari & Igo-W

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by RoxyFoxyQS, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. RoxyFoxyQS

RoxyFoxyQS Full Member Verified Member

I have been wanting to get myself a dripper to taste all the new juices I have been collecting. So I stopped by a local B&M today and picked up the Igo-W.

I don't have too much experience rebuilding. Just taught myself how to rebuild the pro tank heads last week.

The local B&M drilled out the holes for better air flow. I knew that needed to be done.

I quickly went home and successfully built one coil with 32 gauge wire. 5 wraps got me about 1.5 ohms. And I wrapped a cotton wick around the coil. I also tried threading the cotton through the coil. Had the provari set at 3.7 volts. The vape wasn't bad, but not great either.

Anyone have experience with the Igo-W on a provari?

What coil and wick set up do you like?

How high do you push the volts?

Any other tips?

Thanks for any help!

2. cocacola31173

cocacola31173 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 7, 2012
    United States
    I have a Igo L and my builds are usuallly around 1.8 ohms with cotton. I like mine around 4.3 volts..just make sure the cotton stays wet. On my IGO L I did drill out the one air hole but I also have a IGO W but I only drilled out one of those holes cause I don't like a real airy draw.

3. pizzam

pizzam Full Member Verified Member

Jan 22, 2014
    NH
    Does anyone have any recommendations for a dual coil build? Particularly 28 gauge wire.

4. SamNapolitanke

SamNapolitanke Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 27, 2013
    Tempe, AZ
    im rocking a single 1.3 ohm on 3mm silica @ 4.3v... delicious warm vape. IGO-L on provari

5. nobutts1

nobutts1 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2012
    swampscott ma
    For the love of God, I wished I understood oHms law.

6. Coldpunk

Coldpunk Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 17, 2013
    Columbia, Mo
    I like two vertical micros in my igo t with 28g at 1.1-1.3. I loop use one long strand of 1.5mm ekowool and pull loops down through each so the loops are laying in the drip well. That gives me doubled wicks in each coil with a strand going between the two over the center post. That way when I'm dripping through the tip each drop hits the wick on its way to the well.

I'll post pics once I get home tonight.

7. SamNapolitanke

SamNapolitanke Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 27, 2013
    Tempe, AZ
    :D google is your friend!

8. jd1978

jd1978 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2014
    us
    Here's my IGO-W on my ProVari. This is 1.2 ohm micro coils. Flavor and vape are awesome. I run dual coils from 4.0 to 4.5 volts.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Tapatalk

9. RoxyFoxyQS

When using cotton as a wick do you need to rewick for every new flavor? I know it's relatively easy with cotton. Just curious.

Still haven't played around too much with my igo w. I think I need to get a different gauge wire to make a nice coil. I only have 32.

10. RebelGolfer72

RebelGolfer72 Moved On ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    You don't HAVE to, but it makes the change to a new flavor better. I normally pull the old wick, wipe up left over juice from the atty (including the condensation from cap/drip tip), pull off a piece of cotton and thread through coil. Takes me longer to walk to fridge to grab new juice than to re-wick/clean

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. jd1978

jd1978 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2014
    us
    Its gonna take a lot of 28 gauge to get above 1.2 ohms with a dual coil build.

12. RoxyFoxyQS

Have not attempted a dual coil yet. I've only done one single coil with 32 gauge. Coil didn't come out that great so I took it off. I have yet to rebuild another coil. I want to get myself a little mini blow torch so I can make a better coil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.