provari or apex alpha max?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyTT

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2011
Ottawa
I watched a review a little review of the alpha, but I don't really know anything about it. Just my 10 second impression. I admit it looks really cool, and I love the design, but if you're just starting out, if you can I would say shell out the little extra bit for the provari. It's tried and true, and from owning one, I know it's reliable to boot. But the main reason I recommend it, is because the alpha max seems to use a unique juice delivery system (correct me if I'm wrong anymone), but the provari is 510 threaded. So if you're just starting out, 510 threading is one of the most popular styles of screwing the juice delivery system onto the battery. That means if you ever want to try one of the multitude of juice delivery systems, you won't be as limited, whereas with the ultramaxx, if you find you don't like that particular juice delivery system, your kinda outta luck...

I would say ask around more, cause I do think the ultramaxx looks very cool, just wouldn't recommend it for a first big mod

slik

Moved On
Feb 6, 2012
Whut whut!
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Obvious

Jagellpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2012
Tacoma, WA
The Provari limits amps like the Lavatube, so if you want to use DCC you need to get 2.5ohm not 1.5ohm. Then you can enjoy the HV with a Provari.

I saw my first Apex in action the other week. Very nice, built solid, but pricy. It is on my list of devices to buy, but it will be a while, as when I do I will get the complete kit and it's over $400.

Jeff "Jagellpuff" via iPhone using Tapatalk

Stef64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2011
Michigan
From the looks of it, the the Alpha comes in either 3.7 or 6V - on the Provari you can select a voltage between 3.3 and 6 Volts (2.9-6.0 on V2). I guess it comes down to personal preference and your vaping habits. If you like 1.5 ohm DCC at 6V go with the Alpha. If you use single coil cartos only, or if you don't plan on taking a 1.5 ohm DCC above 5V, go with the Provari V2. The V2 has a limit of 3.5 amps, so you could take a 1.5 ohm DCC up to 5.25V. Personally, I prefer VV for the ability to tune the voltage for pretty much any atty/carto.

EDIT: I was wrong on the amp limits of the Provari V2:

Some more details on the limits:
The new output limit (when you will get an E2) is 3.5 amps from 2.9 v to 4.2v. Above 4.2v the output limit is set to 14.5 watts. So above 4.2v each step has a little bit different current limit based on a power calculation. You will find that you can go much higher voltage with LR, but you won't be able to crank it all the way up to 6 volts with a LR..basically cooking the atty :)

Last edited:

Kim151

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2012
Hawaii
Ok the more I look the more I like the Apex Alpha Ultramax and The GGTS! The Provari has moved to the maybe I will own someday.

Jeff "Jagellpuff" via iPhone using Tapatalk

GGTS is a very good mod but in high demand. As of now, its all sold out in stores and only way you'll get one is through the classified. But I think in about a month, they are supposed to have more. I would check with Bruce from Clouds of Vapor. Nice guy to deal with and he'll help you out any way possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread