Status
Not open for further replies.

rabernet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA
So you buy another MVP and you're still over $100 in the black. If he's looking to own multiple devices, the MVP is an ideal complement to the Reo. He can buy a Reo and MVP for roughly the same price as a Provari. Like I said, if you already own an MVP, get a Reo. An MVP and Provari are redundant.

I really, really didn't like my MVP 2. Sold it within 2 weeks. On the other hand, I really, really like my Provari. I didn't like the form factor of the MVP 2 for using different tanks - everything, except for my airy Davide Mini made it too top heavy (for me).

For me, a Provari was a far better choice than the MVP 2. I bought into the MVP hype and was pretty let down.

rith

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
I really, really didn't like my MVP 2. Sold it within 2 weeks. On the other hand, I really, really like my Provari. I didn't like the form factor of the MVP 2 for using different tanks - everything, except for my airy Davide Mini made it too top heavy (for me).

For me, a Provari was a far better choice than the MVP 2. I bought into the MVP hype and was pretty let down.

You gotta get a wrap for it and a good atomizer :) I was really hesitate about it and well I loved it with the 357 atomizer and drip shield. The taste is amazing. I still am planning on getting a provari or reo ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rabernet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA
You gotta get a wrap for it and a good atomizer :) I was really hesitate about it and well I loved it with the 357 atomizer and drip shield. The taste is amazing. I still am planning on getting a provari or reo ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have my K101 for dripping. :)

And my REOS for bottom fed dripping.

The MVP was sold weeks ago.

Sent from my Samsung Note II using Tapatalk 2

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
Seems like a dead thread, but I'll chime in. The Provari was my upgrade from EGO batteries. I used it for 7 straight months, and drained through batteries hundreds of times. I had to buy three 18490 batteries because I would vape through one before the second one finished charging. The Provari DID introduce me to rebuildables, I rebuilt protank coils, and the Provari allowed me to truly master genesis atomizers to the point where I built microcoils running 2.4 ohms at 6 volts, closing in on the Provari's amp limit.

Then I bought my first dripper. I noticed that the Provari had a hard time spooling up, and I couldn't run dual coils because of the high spool time.

So I bought a Stingray clone.

And didn't pick up the Provari after buying the mechanical. This led me to doing some crazy builds on my dripper, which I only bought 3 weeks ago. This was a fast transition for me.

Then I got fed up with dripping (and driving). I primarily drip both in and out of the house, but the effort of dripping is sort of a drag.

Then I discovered that the REO can bottom feed a dripper. Sold my Provari and hardware on the forums for 260 bucks, ordered a Reo Grand, RM2 and SS button cover. It's arriving tomorrow, and I'm super excited

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
As a long time provari owner I can say that it is a fantastic device, unparalleled in a mini using 18350 battery, that being said I've built a bottom feeder that has been the best vaping experience ever. Personally I don't think the reo or the provari are going to do well with low ohm builds, your better off with a mechanical, in that aspect they are pretty much the same, that being said bottom feeder will change your life and the reo is the best on the market at this time. Just make sure you buy a reomizer so you get the most out of it.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

JonnyB88

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Elgin, IL, USA
Personally I don't think the reo or the provari are going to do well with low ohm builds, your better off with a mechanical, in that aspect they are pretty much the same

REOs (save for the VV versions) are mechs. And now with the new contacts installed in all outgoing REOs, you can easily go low ohm.
0.4 ohm RM2 on my Grand in my hand operating like a champ.

Last edited:

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Had that - didn't impress me at all - didn't hold a candle to my REO's - sold it after 2 weeks of having it.[/QUOTE]

The MVP is killer and the vast majority love it , comparing it to a Provari or Reo is not fair though. Not even close $$ wise.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.

What?:laugh: , nothing wrong with the MVP at all , when you admittedly say you didn't like it's form factor and it was a bit top heavy (most realize this ) but bought it anyway is not the MVP's fault , you just happen to like a different shape (tube) .

The MVP is still the most kick a_ _ bang for the buck $40.00 dollar piece you can buy, period . No hype

jjordan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
Fairbury, Nebraska
If my ProVari was working correctly...well even if it isn't they are going to fix it for $20.00 and do a free software upgrade for me I would say ProVari because of the excellent customer service they give you even if you buy your ProVari second hand on the classifieds here on ECF! $20.00 to fix a broken LED not too bad in my book! I gotta hand it to them they have been very nice to me with each email we have exchanged!

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
You mean because no one has posted in it in 5 months? You might as well have just made a new thread titled "My Story" with this post in it lol ;)

Yeah well, Ya know... I usually only post new threads when I need info

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I see nothing wrong at all resurrecting older threads rather than start a new one on the same subject.
Actually wish me people would do the same but for some reason people think they need to have their own thread going.

Sent from a BIG phone.....Galaxy Note 3

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I own both REO Grand SL and Provari and MVP

There have been changes to the REO line since this thread began.

The Reo has been updated with Low Resistance Contacts, Internals and the performance is very close to the top of the line tube rockets.
They have added a LP [Low Profile Version] which has a very shallow wider cup. It's dual use and will allow you to use virtually any RBA on the market as well as a bottom feeding RBA or Atomizer. So you can buy a REO Grand LP and use your favorite dripper on it.

I bought a Reo 7 months back and returned it because the V-Drop under load was atrocious. The new Sub Ohm Reo Grand has solved every problem that caused me to return the APV.

By the way, my Provari gathers dust as a nostalgia piece, and my MVP because of it's huge battery life is the one I use for certain situations.

In my opinion the reasons to buy a Provari and the reasons to buy a Reo Grand are similiar.

The Provari is very reliable and has warranty and can be sent in to be repaired after warranty expires.
The Reo Grand is also reliable. Reos Mods sells a rebuild Kit, that can be used to repair it, or you can gut the unit and have essentially a new unit for just $25.00.

Nowadays there is a vape shop in many areas that will build an atomizer for you. Sometimes just for tips, or others charge $5.00-$10.00, so you can own and operate a Reo Grand without ever having to learn how to make coils.

Myself
I use the Reomizer 2 from Reos Mods
FC-2000 Ceramic Wick that I purchase at Tank Ecigs, FC-2000 Porous Ceramic Wicks
24 Gauge Wire that I purchase at Temco and it's easy as heck. I make a Wick in 15 minutes and it lasts for more than 3 months.

There are some very powerful batteries that have come out in the past year.
The new Sony VTC5 30 Amp 2600 will give you a good 10 - 12 hours on Subohm Vaping
They hit hard and have alot of Stamina.

Another favorite of mine is the Panasonic NCR18650PD not as hard a hitter, but stays in the zone for a really long time.
I've found that the difference using the Panasonic is only around .2V from full charge to steady voltage. Gives a very consistent vape.

So even though the units are different and used differently, the basic premise of wanting a reliable unit that will be an investment for many years to come applies to both and would appeal to the same type of person.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
[EDIT].....The Reo has been updated with Low Resistance Contacts, Internals and the performance is very close to the top of the line tube rockets.
They have added a LP [Low Profile Version] which has a very shallow wider cup. It's dual use and will allow you to use virtually any RBA on the market as well as a bottom feeding RBA or Atomizer. So you can buy a REO Grand LP and use your favorite dripper on it.
.....[SNIP]

You lost me here. Since the REO itself is a bottom feeder how is it possible to use any atty? Wouldn't the atty have to be bottom fed as well?

Sent from a BIG phone.....Galaxy Note 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread