Status
Not open for further replies.

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
As a nearly "mil-spec" device, not only do they last forever, they hardly change with the fast pace of technology.

I think of Provari's as the B-52's of vaping. State of the art when they were introduced, still going strong, and still doing the job they were intended to do. And, just like BUFF crews love their ride, Provari owners adore their rigs.

While I would like to see them offer a VV/VW device with an information laden OLED screen (while maintaining their high quality and durability), the demand for "old faithful" is steady and that's a testament to the makers doing something well, doing it right, and not changing things every time someone else comes out with a new and shiny whizbang feature.

Why do you assume that selling an up to date model would mean Provape would not be able to continue to sell the 2.5. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
As a nearly "mil-spec" device, not only do they last forever, they hardly change with the fast pace of technology.

I think of Provari's as the B-52's of vaping. State of the art when they were introduced, still going strong, and still doing the job they were intended to do. And, just like BUFF crews love their ride, Provari owners adore their rigs.

While I would like to see them offer a VV/VW device with an information laden OLED screen (while maintaining their high quality and durability), the demand for "old faithful" is steady and that's a testament to the makers doing something well, doing it right, and not changing things every time someone else comes out with a new and shiny whizbang feature.

What different will adding that make? I can read the numbers just fine. I don't see the need for VW. What wizbang feature would they add. There will be progress but not all progress is a step forward. I know of a 100 year old object that works better than what I can find on the typical store shelf today.

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I have security knowing that in the off chance should my Provari's need repair, I can send them in to Provape and have them returned good as new within a week's time for very reasonable repair fees. My Provari's will last as long as I want them to. Can you get that from any other variable voltage mod? Let me know when you find ONE.

Don't forget about the VVREO. That would be "one". ;) But I already consider provari and the reo "best" medium priced vaping devices on the market.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
What different will adding those make? I can read the numbers just fine. I don't see the need for VW. What wizbang feature would they add. There will be progress but not all progress is a step forward. I know of a 100 year old object that works better than what I can find on the typical store shelf today.

I know when my father passed away and my mother sold his tools she had to get a high end appraisal done and got big bucks for them. Most were well over 100 years old having come down from his father. Apparently nothing matches those old hand carpenters tools for how well they work and hold up.

How old some design/build is has nothing to do with how well it does it's job or holds up to abuse.

EDIT: I should probably explain that my grandfather was a Master Carpenter in the old sense of the title. He came up through the old world Apprentice system In the Ukraine before the communist revolution. WHen my grandparents fled the revolution to Canada his tools came with him. SO these were apparently fairly unusual for what is available in the state generally.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Ocelot%20walking%20400x400%20medium.jpg

⇐ ⇐ ⇐ ⇐ I think the topic went this way​

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
I know when my father passed away and my mother sold his tools she had to get a high end appraisal done and got big bucks for them. Most were well over 100 years old having come down from his father. Apparently nothing matches those old hand carpenters tools for how well they work and hold up.

How old some design/build is has nothing to do with how well it does it's job or holds up to abuse.

There are some machining tools that are very old that beat most of the tools today on large pieces because they are more ridged.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Hey everyone so I currently am vaping on a smok zmax and a smok trophy tank which is smoketech version of the protank.

And I'm looking into buying a new apv the fire button on my zmax is going out already it's oretty new too.

I was considering a provari as I've heard they last forever. But I feel like they have been out so long that there has to be something better by now and there kinda pricy.

I was thinking of getting a mvp but I don't like the idea of not changing batteries out and having to charge the whole device.

Anyone have suggestions on which apv they like the most

Outside of the MVP battery issue, is there anything specific you want or don't want in your new device?

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
There are some machining tools that are very old that beat most of the tools today on large pieces because they are more ridged.

I can certainly believe that.

Then again my knowledge of tools amounts to what we learned selling dads and the small selection of wire cutters, plyers and screwdrivers I have amassed to build my own coils. Oh I do have my own hammer since the hubbys was too heavy for me. Yep I am not a fix it gal.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
But I feel like they have been out so long that there has to be something better by now and there kinda pricy.
Tapatalk -

WW1 era rifle barrel cutters are highly prized and command a very high price. World records are set on both European and American rifle groove cutters of days gone by. The machines of today spit them out like sausages, the old machines were slow and very good.

You would think that all the rifles setting world records would be made on newer machines because they have to be something better by now. :)

If you go to HK in Germany you will see a modern plant until you get to the barrel room, it is dirty with machines that are 100 years old and more. I think Krieger here in the USA is being made on machines from just before WW2 but they might be WW1 vintage.

It is hard to say they are not good when a new barrel comes off of a 100 year old machine and sets a new world record. I think I will wait for something better to come along. :p

Oh, the new machines are better in some ways. They have a nice screen and more buttons to push. :)

Last edited:

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
Well i am down to just one Pro,,sold the other two just because i wasn't really using them

my last Pro is not seeing much use now a days that i am mec kickin it and headed to strictly 26xxx mods because big battery is what i really want anymore

Pro is useless for builds below .8ohms ..the MVP will read all the way down to .1 so i don't have much use for the Pro :(

but will keep it just because of the reliability of it

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
But I feel like they have been out so long that there has to be something better by now and there kinda pricy.
[/URL] -

Don't laugh but I want something outdated but I don't think exists. The technology is there but I don't think anyone want to assemble them into a working unit since they will cost a little more.

I want a 9.2mm cigalike with a battery that can pull 3.5 amps with a fixed boot of 4.4v. Variable takes up too much room, Just want a fixed boost. I would pay quite a bit each for those. A lot more than a Sigelei costs.

Not much in the way of bells and whistles there. :)

I would go $100.00 each if I had to. It would not matter but I think another group out here would still say that another specific device is the hardest hitting. Pffffftttttt fairytale story tellers. Pffffftttttt again just because.

I want my little tiny thumper when I am moving fast and while getting bump and bruises so I can vape hands free. When I do need light and hands free I will get back on the Provari.

Last edited:

ProvariAddict

Nov 25, 2013
In my honest opinion provari is one of my first APV and it's worth every penny. The consistency it provides I couldn't be happier I've been using the provari for almost a year now and it still has not given me any trouble. I love it so much I consistently buy carbon fiber wraps for it to keep it looking new. I also just recently bought an extended cap and a pass through couldn't be happier :) can't go wrong with Provari.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Mine are "forever" mods too. I don't go lower than 1.5 ohms, so the sub-thing has no bearing on me. For those who wish that though, I agree, a Provari is basically useless.

For my own tastes, I have some (what I consider to be) decent stuff. A couple of DNA20's, one highly sought-after (and marvelous) little sucker that travels wonderfully, and a couple of stainless steel marvels that hail from the land down-under (which are actually my personal favorites).

But even with all that, not a single day goes by that a Provari doesn't get fired up, for one reason or another. Plus, there's always one in my work bag, since it's the ultimate of backup devices (again, for me).

But maybe the greatest thing about this hobby/addiction/obsession is the fact that there is, indeed, something for everyone.

So let's just keep on enjoying it, whatever "it" may be (for each of us), until those idiots on Capitol Hill muck it up for allof us (USA'ers). Which, at this point (I believe), is probably inevitable.

:vapor:

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Simple question; does a PV NEED to do anything besides what you want it to do? If a Provari does what you want, WHY do you want it to do anything else?

Personally I have no desire to put all my eggs in one basket, so I have more than one PV. My Provari does what I want it to do, and it does it well. Even if they made a new-improved Provari, I probably wouldn't buy it because the one I have does what I want.

Last edited:

Steam Turbine

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 3, 2013
    Montreal Quebec Canada
    I think it is outdated for it's lack of VW, lack of airchannels in the top cap and display.... But I think it is still the best in terms of performance. You want 4.2 volts... You get 4.2 volts. It will not pretend to fire something it can't fire (that can be good or bad) I personally like it.

I think they should make a version 3, I don't see why they don't do that.

I would love to see them make a straight top cap version as well so things like the kayfun etc would look better on it natively.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread