Provari -- Protank II -- AO=Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
I received my first Provari today (woohoo!), an Aspire nautilus, and the Protank II. I tried the Aspire Nautilus, and it's as good as advertised. I love it!

The problem I'm having is with the Protank II. On the first fill I developed a leak that required quite a clean up. After drying, I again filled the tank and I'm not getting any vape at all! When checking the AO setting, it reads OP, which I thought meant there was no tank mounted, when there certainly is.

Any suggestions of how I can correct this problem?

Thanks.

yardbyrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2012
Carrollton, Georgia USA
There is the sound of waves crashing on a beach and YardByrd is suddenly there seated on a plain brown wooden perch with a bevel cut on 1/4 of the "T". His platinum "YB" medallion is glowing sky blue and you hear a deep, smooth, male, Latin, voice translating for him:

"Hail, lauds, and greetings mykereid! I had a Protank II that did the same thing. It sat on the shelf, and was a dust collector, for months. I heard about the Aerobase and now own 2 of them. The link provided is to show the item and I am not endorsing or recommending this vendor. They are available at many other sites. My issue was catching a vendor with them in stock and ordering. I have run approximately 15 complete tanks full through my worst offending Protank II since purchasing my first Aerobase. It corrected all of my Protank and Protank II issues. They were all similar to what you are experiencing. Here is my example for your consideration:

Kanger AeroTank Base also known as the Aerobase

The sound of gulls crying, above rushing water occurs, and you hear YardByrd's final farewell before he disappears in a cloud of Strawberry Cupcake smelling mist: "CAW!" :)

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
For anyone else who may run into this problem I wanted to share the response from ProVape customer service:

We have recently had a small amount of the heating coils that are causing this issue with the Protank, although it can be a very easy fix. If you remove the heating coil, you will see near the bottome where it screws in, a white o-ring. The small metal area below that is actually adjustable. What happens is that sometimes needs to be pulled down a bit in order to make contact. This pin is very short, so when pulling out, please do so carefully and slowly. It does not need to be pulled much, just enough so that you can see a slight gap under the o-ring (see attached pic).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread