Provari question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deb_atable

Dec 4, 2013
Excelsior, MN
Okay, so I finally got my provari and I usually have it set up with either my Cyclone RDA, or if I'm feeling lazy, my Kraken tank. It's the hybrid color, blue/green one, though it's usually covered by a wrap (currently a very cool Tokidoki wrap from JWraps), but I still like that it's beautiful even without a wrap! So here's my question - I've had it since February and lately, I've noticed that my fire button needs to be depressed harder than it used to. Sometimes, it's fine, but then others, I'll be taking a nice long vape and it'll just stop because I wasn't pressing hard enough. It never doesn't work, mind you, and it's not like I have to press it so hard it's bothering my finger, but it is definitely getting less sensitive. Has anyone else had this problem and do you think I should send it in since it's still under warranty? The problem with this being, I hadn't used my MVP in a while, which is my back up and I tried to fire it up the other day and while it comes on, it wouldn't fire. I was using my cyclone because I know it doesn't have enough umph to use my Kraken, but it still would t work. I'm thinking it doesn't have enough power for my Cyclone either. And there's the problem - I don't have another Atty or tank to use which mean I'd either have to go buy one or be without anything to use until my baby comes back. Any ideas? Suggestions? Either on whether I should send it in or, if I do, what I can use in the meantime?

and just because I love it, here's my baby, with it's brand new wrap, and my love bunny tip ( which is cute but I prefer a warmer vape. Unfortunately, I somehow broke ALL my smok E Mountain tips - 4 of them! - and so until my new 2Puffs tips get here, it's either my love bunny or my old school Ming and pawn ones. Lesser of two evils!) it'll look better when I get my new hybrid 2Puffs tips and my new clear Pyrex ones! image.jpg

Just Me

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2010
You can contact Provape about the button if you wish. Mine was cutting off sometimes, too, and I read somewhere on here that it's not so much how hard you press the button, but to be sure to push straight down on it, not angled to the side or something like that. There were some discussions about it, and I have no idea where to find those now.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Atomizer reading NON means the meter was unable to detect the 510 connection of the juice attachment. That sounds like a center pin issue with the MVP. Perhaps the cartotank's connector was a little longer and able to make the electrical connection.

I suspected the center pin as your issue because this is a known issue with MVP's. I have to adjust my MVP's center pin at least once a week.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The bottom worked, I just needed to push harder. I'd be vaping, the button would be lot up and working then just stop, and turn off. I'm using a micro coil at 1.0 ohm and 3.5v with cotton ball wicking. Same I've always done and it's only been doing this about the past week or so.
That's a little on the low side for the ohm rating for an MVP. My guess is you'll get better results if you raise your resistance to 1.3 ohms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread