Status
Not open for further replies.

nebulas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Earth
I have had my V2 now for about a month or so and I have been enjoying every minute of it. However, I seem to have one small problem. As soon as my Provari arrived I threw the 18650 batts in with the extension cap and have been vaping that way since. Yesterday, for some reason, I wanted to see what the Provari looked like with the Standard End Cap so I put it on for size and noticed that the endcap would not screw all the way in. It would go about 3/4 of the way and not sit flush with the unit. I didn't have any batteries in the device because I don't even have any of the smaller batteries. Its not really a big deal because I have no desire to use anything but the 18650s but it was a little disappointing. I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this. Maybe just a little Vaseline on the threads would help?

Btw, the extension cap has no problems screwing in all the way.

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio
Don't use Vaseline.
It will be hard to get rid of and since the threads are part of the electrical circuit (return to the negative battery terminal), you don't want anything that is not a good conductor between the body and the end cap threads. I would try using a small wire brush on the end cap threads, there may be just a tiny particle of something in the threads. It can't be much because the cap was on the PV when you received it.
Right?

WolfMemnoch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
Florida
Me! Me! Mine was opposite though. My standard cap fit but the extension wouldn't screw flush or even far enough for the battery to make contact. In the end, ProVape sent me out a replacement cap, which worked. I love ProVape for that. Great people.

Some suggestions in my correspondence with ProVape were to try cleaning the threads on both the cap and the ProVari body with either a cloth or Q-tip as sometimes leftover media (sand) can get stuck there. Failing that, you can try running an exacto blade through the threads to double check for any burrs.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
First, I'd make sure the threads were clean. I took off my standard cap to change battery and it wouldn't screw all the way on. Visual inspection - and I didn't see any dirt or anything in the threads but I cleaned both the end cap and internal threads and it screwed back in fine. The smallest piece of dirt/junk I suppose can keep it from threading all the way.

And - it's a good idea to lightly coat the threads with Noalox. It acts as a thread lubricant and protects against spalding (I think that's the word, kind of like corrosion) of the threads due to the electric grounding running through them.

nebulas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Earth
Thanks for the tips! I tried cleaning out the thread the best I could today and I am able to screw the end cap all the way in now but it still seems to hit a small speed bump where it used to stop but it does go all the way now. So if I ever decide to use the smaller batteries I guess I will try some Noalax but for now, I am happy with it.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread