Provari Surprising Size discovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonny2400

Jun 6, 2011
Northern Ireland
Hi Guys

I have a provari mini V2 and run with the extension cap with 18500 batteries.

Today my new Provari v2.5 full size arrived and I was surprised to discover that the mini with extension cap is around 5 mm shorter than the standard provari when held upside down the button & LED are both in same position. So it's very unusual where this extra 5mm has came from.

when sitting side by side both with 18500 batteries the top of the mini is level with the bottom of the silver ring.

i found this interesting & worth sharing as everyone says the mini with extension is the same size as normal provari, when in fact it's actually 5/6mm shorter

jonny

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Yup. The mini is mini-er!
The difference amounts to the bottom cap - the Mini with an extension cap is the same height exactly as a regular one WITH THE battery cap taken off. In case you have a full sized and want to picture what a mini would look like...

I've got one of each, and 90% of the time, I'm using them both in 18500 mode, though it's nice that I CAN go real compact with an 18350, or go 18650 for a long day out...

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
Yea, I kind of figured that out playing around with a serenity sleeve that I ordered for a standard provari...I wanted to use the mini with extension cap and had to add a couple washers in the bottom of the sleeve to extend the length just a bit!! It all worked out and now I can use the sleeve with either setups!!

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
The Vobbit Hole
Yea, I kind of figured that out playing around with a serenity sleeve that I ordered for a standard provari...I wanted to use the mini with extension cap and had to add a couple washers in the bottom of the sleeve to extend the length just a bit!! It all worked out and now I can use the sleeve with either setups!!

I still use my mini with extension in the full size sleeve, it just sits a little lower :laugh: Doesn't bother me, I'm a little ghetto I suppose. I'll probably try something like that, though, now that you've put it into my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread