Provari V2 randomly stops firing

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2010
Maryland
I've started having the same problem with my two month old v2.5, just stopped firing with no led action. I removed the 18500 and reinserted which seemed to fix the problem. It's only happened a couple of times over the last week or so but I love my provai and can't stand the thought of her being in pain. I'm going to pickup a few more 18500's and see if she's better, otherwise she'll have to go visit the "doctor" for a checkup. :(

drewbalicious

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
San Antonio, Tx
Well it's slightly refreshing to hear I'm not the only one with this problem. But also kind of a bummer that it's happening to other folks too. :( The left half of my LED read out just recently went dead. So I sent it in to have it replaced and since it's been back, only a couple misfires, far less than before. Like 2-3 a week, as opposed to 5-6 times a day.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Excellent point about the switch being the point of concern. Ya know they never told me that anything was wrong with either of the units I sent in. They just did their thing and sent it back to me. No little notes saying "ok we fixed this, or that was wrong" nada. The customer service ladies are super nice, but not exactly super informative about what may have been fixed.

I have dropped it a handful of times, thank goodness for my sturdy leather sleeve. :) But also great points about things getting rattled loose inside. I've got some new batteries coming in that I'm going to charge up and give them a go, and see what happens. Your idea about the chip forgetting how long the 16 second cut off is, is something I have also considered. I was thinking about trying to time how long it fires before it cuts off. But since it is completely random when I does it, I don't think I would even be able to attempt to time it. One of the 2 units is still under warranty til March of next year, so I would hope that one would be covered. But the odd thing is, it happens on 2 seperate units. Which leads me to believe it may very well be the batteries.

I do certainly appreciate the input folks. Keep it coming!!
I had a Provari Vs 1 that went bad because it didn't like the Vivi Nova 1.8. Than went bad for everything.
Sent it into Provape once and came back still didn't work. Than sent it back a second time and they changed the circuit board to V2

It's worked well since then.
Send it back to Provape again until they get it right. You reported it under warranty they should make it right.

Xcighippy

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
OC CA
I know this thread is old but they seem to stay around for a long time in this section. And this may help someone else with similar problem. Anyway I was/am experiencing the same problem. All of a sudden it would not fire. If i pulled the batt's. sometimes it would work sometimes not. Got a great response from the folks at Pro- Vape
I did all the usual stuff, cleaned this , cleaned that, and tried all of their suggestions. One thing I did notice is that whenever it would miss fire the button light would be blinking while I was holding it down. You may want to check this. I also noticed that the button was not lined up exactly with the center pin on the circuit board. You can check this by holding it up to a light and looking through the button at the post inside.
Me being a machine mechanic it was only natural for me to take it apart! Heck, I've been wanting to take it apart even before it was broke! (thank god for U-Tube). What I discovered was that the hot glue they use to secure the circuit board was not attached to the inner walls of the device (this may have been caused by a drop or two) allowing the circuit board to be loose enough to move up far enough that the button was only partially depressing the switch inside. Sure hope I'm making sense here. Anyway, what I did was cut a small piece of cardboard thick enough to make up the difference between the inside of the cap and the circuit board, then press't it back together. The button is now perfectly over the internal button and my Provari is working like a champ, at least so far. This may have solved my problem, or it may have just been the act of tearing the thing down and putting it back together that fixed it (that sometimes happen's to me). Good luck

Dennis

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread