Psp???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dedmonwakin

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Destin,FL.
I love vaping,,...but just not that much to cut into my PSP. Of course this is far from being a mod. But, you can easily use any or most devices as a power supply if you have a Passthru by getting a Female USB cable and wedging it to the power source of the device, like so......

Image1.jpg

Image3.jpg

I usually use this for my 360 controller. I figured, why lug around more equipment than I have to? I carry my cellphone with me all the time, so why not use that as my power source? So, I carry this female usb cable where ever I go to leach on any availble (and suitable) power source such as the phone, PSP, and so on when I'm in a bind for power.

Last edited:

dedmonwakin

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Destin,FL.
Not too sure if this would work, but its along the same lines... wouldn't you be able to mod a mini-usb cable to a female usb then plug your PV into that? Or would it not provide enough voltage to get it working properly?
I believe in most devices, the mini usb port is designed to accept high voltage where resistors will reduce them to the required voltage and vice versa. I believe the only way it would work is to create a by pass to all resisters, so your getting the true out put of the supplied power...circuitry isn't my thing, but I hooked up my voltage meter to my cell, psp, and Nintendo ds before and I got very low voltage on it.

Last edited:

MrLongbeard

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
England
Only going down this route as neccesity (sp) being the mother of all invention (I'm skint 8-o)

Lucky enough to have 2 spare PSP batteries kicking about so won't have to butcher a PSP :thumb: and with a deft bit of batt butchery and some legendry soldering skills I may be able to get the batt mounted in something and allow in situ charging.

And if 1200mAh isn't giving me the vape time I desire between charges I can always whck the second in parallel to double upto 2400 mAh :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread