Not open for further replies.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
never had one before,looks like i'll get some use out of it.just wondering what others use it for?

To be honest, I don't want to know. I'm sure the number would be really high and make me feel like I'm vaping too much. Whereas now I just feel like maybe I'm vaping too much. What you don't know can't hurt you.

Seriously, I'm sure there are good uses for it. Like if you are changing your nic %, or moving to a different style of tank, or something like that.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I'm using it to see the difference in battery's.will have to see if it round robins though.

You see a lot of posts here saying that different mods are more or less efficient at using power. That would be an interesting experiment. Or did you mean actual batteries rather than mods? That would be interesting too.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I'm using it to see the difference in battery's.will have to see if it round robins though.
That's what I'm doing on the only one of my mods that shows the puff count. I keep forgetting to note the count on a battery change though, and swapping the battery resets it.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If I have any mods with puff counters, I really don't want to know about it, just the exact same way I didn't "count" my cigarettes. I could only get to "an estimate" of how much I was smoking, depending on how low the American spirits tin and tubes got. Since we were using an electronic injector, it was far far easier to just smoke when I wanted. In some ways (although not financially) it didn't do me any favors. It would have been difficult to smoke 3 ppd (ish) if I were paying for cartons and whatnot.

So perhaps one day, if I want to curb my vaping, I will discover the puff counter and pay attention to it.... Only, when I "counted" my cigarettes, it kind of made me focus on them more. So, I'd probably try lowering my nicotine first, puff counters are indeed for the OCD, which is one mental disorder I am happy I DON'T have, although since I do have ADHD, I sometimes think some of my peeps (and possibly this board) wish I were MORE OCD.

The kiddo has a touch of OCD though. It's worrying. His obsession with cleaning products makes me feel really bad about myself, and he's always cleaning my objects, although he seems to have given up of late, and admits that all my vapes are in fine, fine shape. He still tells me every weekend that I need to "purge" my dishwasher with acid, but I leave that kind of stuff to the husband. I don't really think I need to "purge" my dishwasher, in fact, just as I feel that "counting" my puffs would probably make me sad.... :)

Although, it probably is as decent a method as any for measuring battery life. I leave THAT to my hazy impressions as well, although if it's REALLY good, or REALLY bad (Steampunk nano and Pico mod, I am talking to you, respectively) I'm going to notice. I just do. LOL.

Anna

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
At least if you're OCD it's more useful than the voltage and Amp displays found on some regulated mod screens these days.

So, so true. I keep wondering if a mod maker will ever replace them with the actual current draw from the battery. That would be an actual semi-useful number, that no mod to date includes.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Although, it probably is as decent a method as any for measuring battery life. I leave THAT to my hazy impressions as well, although if it's REALLY good, or REALLY bad (Steampunk nano and Pico mod, I am talking to you, respectively) I'm going to notice. I just do. LOL.

The problem I have with using puff counters to measure battery life is that not all puffs are created equal. Sometimes you take a short quick puff, sometimes a longer puff, sometimes you adjust the settings between puffs, etc. Not to mention that even if your mod is turned off, some part of the circuit is still energized (how else would it know you clicked 5x to turn it back on?) so there is constant leeching from the battery. So even the amount of idle time plays a part in battery life. I guess it could give you some very rough guess, but not a very accurate one.

If you really want to accurately measure and compare batteries, you would need to use a constant drain circuit. Like maybe an actual flashlight. So that all of the factors remain constant throughout the drain process and identical between battery tests.

the wind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2012
alabama
I admit its a new toy
That's what I'm doing on the only one of my mods that shows the puff count. I keep forgetting to note the count on a battery change though, and swapping the battery resets it.
the aegis does not reset on battery change.are you referring to a pico on the reset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread