Not open for further replies.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
@ MR.PUFF

I was wondering if it would be ok to use a ZFM (pluged cart) with the Puffer? The site's tips sections says

"No polyfill results in direct dripping, for unrestrained juice control, but flooding is as easy as any atty being dripped on directly."

So Im thinking it would be fine...am I wrong?

goochkc

Mar 8, 2010
Kansas City, MO
I was wondering if it would be ok to use a ZFM (pluged cart) with the Puffer? The site's tips sections says

"No polyfill results in direct dripping, for unrestrained juice control, but flooding is as easy as any atty being dripped on directly."

So Im thinking it would be fine...am I wrong?

From my brief experience you don't need any cart filler mods, but it would not hurt anything to try them. I haven't used polyfill in a long time, but the Mr Puffer seems to work great with it. There is about a third of the polyfill that a cart would normally have in it and I have managed to flood my atty a half dozen times, but I am learning the more I use it, (I've always had a tendency to flood my other mod and standard e-cigs alot) I've only flooded it once in the last 24 hours and that was with a freshly filled bottle in it. Of course I'm one who has never been interested in direct dripping, but I was a very heavy smoker and I vape very heavily as well so I find it very valuable that I am not constantly refilling carts.

One thing of note, the color changing LED does get a lot of attention. The night that I got mine I went to a birthday party at a bar and at least 25 people who had never even heard of an e-cig wanted to check it out. I'm planning on getting a stealth version for when I don't want all the attention.

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
Question....does the hose go into a modded cart that's included? how could one order more modded carts?

Just double checked the site and a pre-modded cart comes with it. MrPuff also sells extras on the site (extra tubes as well). They're there now and were when I ordered two weeks ago, anyway. They're all 901 style atm, which like other 901 carts also fit 510s, but tighter. Recently I did see him mention somewhere that eventually he plans to carry 510 ones specifically as well. I see he also has extra pre-modded bottles now too, they weren't there when I ordered (grrr hehe!).

Has anyone tried modding their own bottles and what size hole would be needed for the hole going into the cart?

I had been thinking maybe bottle and cart modding stuff might already exist in one of the various MrPuffer threads, since many will want and eventually need to know how to do it, tho I haven't really looked or come across any yet. MrPuff or anyone else who can, it would be great to get some tips or discussion posted here or somewhere nearby on it (or maybe under the 'Tips & Instructions' section on the site?). Or if anyone knows of existing info or sees some spring up, please let us know. :) Hoping there may also be a manual (i.e., non-power tool) method, or that one could be devised. :p:D

Last edited:

goochkc

Mar 8, 2010
Kansas City, MO
I had been thinking maybe bottle and cart modding stuff might already exist in one of the various MrPuffer threads, since many will want and eventually need to know how to do it, tho I haven't really looked or come across any yet. MrPuff or anyone else who can, it would be great to get some tips or discussion posted here or somewhere nearby on it (or maybe under the 'Tips & Instructions' section on the site?). Or if anyone knows of existing info or sees some spring up, please let us know. :) Hoping there may also be a manual (i.e., non-power tool) method, or that one could be devised. :p:D

Looking at the cart it might take some trial and error, but I bet with a hot needle or paper clip one could get the hole the right size and position if they have one to use as an example. The bottle is easy to cut down to the right size with a razor blade. I just tried it and the bottle I used works but doesn't fit quite as snug as the one that came with the Mr Puffer. The only thing I'd be concerned with is the tubing, I have know idea where you'd get stuff the correct sizes.

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
Thanks for your input goochkc, it sounds like this will probably turn out to be doable fairly simply one way or another, and thas' good! :D I think I ordered some of the spare pre-cut tubing (just went nutzzz during those limited minutes I knew I'd have to get an order in at all for batch #3!); but maybe taking any existing MrPuffer tube to some kind of store that sells tubing (guessing hardware, crafts, aquarium, etc. maybe) would work for matching its size as well.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
woohoo maybe wednesday--thursday at the latest for batch three!

From your keyboard to God's eyes!!
praying.gif

I dont think he uses Priority Mail just standard 1st class...anyone know for sure?

goochkc

Mar 8, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Thanks for your input goochkc, it sounds like this will probably turn out to be doable fairly simply one way or another, and thas' good! :D I think I ordered some of the spare pre-cut tubing (just went nutzzz during those limited minutes I knew I'd have to get an order in at all for batch #3!); but maybe taking any existing MrPuffer tube to some kind of store that sells tubing (guessing hardware, crafts, aquarium, etc. maybe) would work for matching its size as well.

Let us know if you find anything. I have no doubt that someone can figure out where to go, but I think the tubing looks small enough that it might be hard to find. I have never bought, seen, or even looked for tubing before so I'm no authority.

MP1_Cart_Resized_2.jpg

goochkc

Mar 8, 2010
Kansas City, MO
From your keyboard to God's eyes!!
praying.gif

I dont think he uses Priority Mail just standard 1st class...anyone know for sure?

If I recall correctly, mine came 1st class in one of those bubble wrap padded type manila envelopes with the actual unit also wrapped in bubble wrap. Of course I had the envelope shredded within moments of receiving it.

Standard first class mail is what I use now, with how light they are they ship in almost the same amount of time as priority, or at least that is what I was told.

Batch #3 was not dropped off for mailing till last night. I am sorry about that but most orders should reach their destinations this week. I try to be upfront and honest. My girlfriend is about 8 months into pregnancy so things do pop up but I will always do my best to keep everyone informed.

As for the cart mods, I will be putting some DIY info on my site in the next few weeks and may also start selling DIY kits, with machined battery boxes for easy assembly.

New next week is the TougherPuffer, a colored clear case with hard black rubber coating the front half so you have a black unit with clear colored back plate. The coating is really tough and the units look really nice. I will most likely be selling these with led and they should cost $45.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Standard first class mail is what I use now, with how light they are they ship in almost the same amount of time as priority, or at least that is what I was told.

Batch #3 was not dropped off for mailing till last night. I am sorry about that but most orders should reach their destinations this week. I try to be upfront and honest. My girlfriend is about 8 months into pregnancy so things do pop up but I will always do my best to keep everyone informed.

As for the cart mods, I will be putting some DIY info on my site in the next few weeks and may also start selling DIY kits, with machined battery boxes for easy assembly.

New next week is the TougherPuffer, a colored clear case with hard black rubber coating the front half so you have a black unit with clear colored back plate. The coating is really tough and the units look really nice. I will most likely be selling these with led and they should cost $45.

Always appreciate the frequent updates something other vendors should take note of. The new unit sounds great.... and your killllllling me!!:D

Last edited:

jerryd5

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
East Texas
Problem w/ my Puffer. I received my unit Mon 5/3, started using it 5/4 a.m. I vaped all that morning and part of the afternoon, thought it was the best thing ever and then it went dead. This morning I started fooling with it, thinking a broken wire or something. I've sent Mr Puff an e-mail, but know he's really busy, now hoping some of you guys could help me out. This is what's happening: Turn it on and all leds on, press and release the pushbutton and its totally dead. I can turn it off and on and leds light again but try to use it, its dead again. I have 3.75v to conn w/ lights on and dead, its 1.8v. Is there anything I can try? I loved this thing.

rusty shackleford

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2009
Arlen Texas
Problem w/ my Puffer. I received my unit Mon 5/3, started using it 5/4 a.m. I vaped all that morning and part of the afternoon, thought it was the best thing ever and then it went dead. This morning I started fooling with it, thinking a broken wire or something. I've sent Mr Puff an e-mail, but know he's really busy, now hoping some of you guys could help me out. This is what's happening: Turn it on and all leds on, press and release the pushbutton and its totally dead. I can turn it off and on and leds light again but try to use it, its dead again. I have 3.75v to conn w/ lights on and dead, its 1.8v. Is there anything I can try? I loved this thing.
sounds like you got have a electrical defect somewhere, I'm positive mr puff will warranty your puffer

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
"killing me softly" ...it's good unsure! this is an amazing device...1st vote for PV OF THE YEAR, right here....thats right, this is not a mod anymore, it has all the factors to make it a "pv vaping system"....:thumbs:

Love hearing that rusty....cant wait for mine. Not taking any chances with the USPS I ordered 2 from two different batches.....covering allll the bases!:D

rusty shackleford

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2009
Arlen Texas
So I got my first, used, mp-1 today. It started out ok, then the flavor went bad and harsh...at first I thought I was not loading enough juice. I thought I was getting a dry burn off the atty. Well guess what, after trying to "repair" the problem with more juice, I swapped out the LR atty that came with it for a regular atty and whala! execellent vape and flavor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread