Pulse BF 80W Box Mod - Vandyvape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the Pulse BF 80W Box mod by Vandyvape. The Pulse BF 80W Box mod was supplied for the purpose of this review by Kary from Vandyvape.

Pulse BF 80W Box Mod | VANDY VAPE

VANDY VAPE

Introduction

The long awaited regulated version of the Pulse BF Mod, The Pulse BF 80W Device is incredibly well thought out and made. It has loads of features yet it is so easy to navigate around and also is fitted with a "SUPER" chip, the Vandy chip. As with all the Pulse range it's a collaboration between Vandyvape and Tony B, i'm just an enthusiastic vaper and text reviewer so I have never had the pleasure of meeting or even speaking to Tony but from everything I've ever seen of him on the Vapor Trail Channel he certainly comes across as a genuine, nice guy with a big heart and loads of passion for vaping.

In the Box

Contents:

1 x Pulse BF 80W Box Mod
1 x 8mL Squonk Bottle
1 x 18650 Adapter
1 x USB Cable
1 x User Manual

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

All be it the majority are mechanical or semi mechanical but i have loads of squonk devices made with plastic but when taking the Pulse BF 80W Box Mod out of the typical Vandyvape packaging this device oozes quality. I recieved the Carbon Fiber (all Black) version and the Carbon Fiber panels have a very nice feel to them, it is also available in Carbon Fiber (Silver/Black), Lava Red (Resin), Fantastic Blue (Resin), Seaweed Green (Resin) and Aurora (Resin). Both panels are removeable and have interlocking sections top, bottom and side, one panel is featureless the other has a cutout section to allow the bottle to be pressed. The front of the device has a round clicky fire button top and towards the button round up and down buttons plus a micro USB port at the very bottom, the 0.91" screen is housed centrally on the front. The spine of the device has "VANDYVAPE" etched on in large font, the bottom of the device has etched safety stamps and venting, finally moving to the top we have a 510 plate with gold plated, spring loaded BF 510. The build quality is excellent with no button rattle and the panels fit securely without any movement. When it comes to ergonomics i am finding the device very comfortable firing with my thumb.

Pulse BF Mod Specs and Features:

Size: 82mm x 56mm x 27mm
Screen: .91″ OLED
Material: PE
Vandy Chip
Vandy Vape Chip (Advanced) (High-Efficiency / High-Accuracy)
80W Max (Regulated Mod) / Adjustable Wattage
Rapid Firing / Precise Output Control
Standby current: <30UA
Output Voltage: 0.5 – 8.5V
Resistance Range: .05- 3ohm (VW) / .05- 1.5ohm (TC)
Temperature Range: 200-600°F / 100-315℃
Protections (Overheating, Overcurrent, Short Circuit, Open Circuit, Overtime)
Low Battery Warning
1 x 18650 / 1 x 20700
Leak-Proof 510 Connector (Multiple Seals)
Easy Grip Squonk Bottle
6 Colors to Start
Pulse BF 80W Resin Mod & Pulse BF 80W Carbon Fiber Mod
Collaboration: Vandy Vape & Tony B
Colours: Carbon Fiber (full Black), Carbon Fiber (Silver/Black), Lava Red (Resin), Fantastic Blue (Resin), Seaweed Green (Resin), Aurora (Resin).

The Panels and Internals

The Panels are extremely well fitted and stay very securely in place without any movement due to both precision fitting and magnets. Inside is very clean and tidy and has all the internal wiring and PCB boxed in, this along with the leak free 510 design means there should be no issues with liquid getting into the internals. The device runs off a single 20700 or 18650 battery with supplied adaptor and both fit perfectly secure but you don't feel your risking tearing your wraps when inserting or taking out, having both side panels removable makes removing the battery very easy, finally when it comes to the battery is the labelled orientation which is large and White on Black which is great to see. I have loads of Squonk devices and one of the biggest cons to a lot of them is to do with the bottle itself, although people do prefer different pliability with the bottle in my opinion Tony and Vandyvape have nailed it here, perfect pliability for me. The bottle has quite a large top solid section that can be gripped when removing or fitting the bottle so you are not going to be squeezing the bottle at all and getting liquid everywhere. The bottle pulls straight off the pipe no problem and then simply unscrew the very top of the bottle and pull out the plastic pipe to reveal a very generous sized filling opening.

Using the Pulse BF 80W Box Mod

The Pulse is the usual 5 clicks to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off and once on i noticed how vibrant the screen is and that only the information you really need is diplayed making the display uncluttered and easy to read. We have your current mode on the left of the screen next to this is the wattage (temperature when in temp control). On the right side of the screen we have the resistance and voltage (wattage when in temp control), below this is a large battery status bar. The device is very easy to use and changing modes can be done without having to enter a menu system, with each 3 clicks of the fire button the mode changes, the modes are Bypass, NI, SS, TI and back to power. When using temp control pressing the fire button 4 times allows you to set wattage for temp control. There are other features in fact the Pulse is packed with them, holding the + and - buttons together brings up a row of icons which are, back (takes you back to the main screen), DIY settings (5 slots where you can set custom curves), Voltage mode (allowing you to run in variable voltage mode) and finally information about hardware and software versions. There are some combination key press features which are down and fire together flips the screen, up and fire together locks the device and finally up, down and fire together is stealth mode.

Performance

Instant firing and hits hard, i have the Gene chip in a couple of devices and the pulse with the Vandy chip performs certainly in power mode excellently so those that are worrying about the Gene chip being absent, there's no worries. The Pulse will accommodate up to a 25mm tank without overhang so all your 22mm and 24mm BF RDA's will fit fine, the device squonked really well and i suffered no leaking whatsoever. The battery life was what i would expect from a single battery and the Pulse is fully firmware upgradeable.

Conclusion

The best squonking device i have used to date.

Very well thought out
Very well made
Panels fit great
Bottle design excellent
Bottle pliability spot on (in my opinion)
Clear battery orientation
Both 20700 and 18650 battery with adaptor fit perfectly
Fires instantly and hits hard
Temp control
Curves
Voltage mode
Nice thumb firer
Firmware upgradeable

I would once again like to thank Kary for supplying the Pulse BF 80W Box Mod for the purpose of this review.

Pulse BF 80W Box Mod | VANDY VAPE

VANDY VAPE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread