Purge truck knurled mech mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Good call - don't touch the fire button until you know exactly what's going on. You can also consider the battery toast. It's time to recycle.

Now, to figure out what's going on:

• I think that's a hybrid mech. What tank are you using, and, more importantly, does it have an extended or flush 510?
  • What's your resistance?
  • What battery are you using, and where did you get it?

MikeBully345

Nov 8, 2018
Good call - don't touch the fire button until you know exactly what's going on. You can also consider the battery toast. It's time to recycle.

Now, to figure out what's going on:

• I think that's a hybrid mech. What tank are you using, and, more importantly, does it have an extended or flush 510?
  • What's your resistance?
  • What battery are you using, and where did you get it?
I’m using a purge carnage RDA and I don’t know what the eastender or flush 510 is and I don’t know exactly what the resistance is I’m new to mech mods nd the battery I’m using is an 18650 battery and I got it from eBay

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

MikeBully345

Nov 8, 2018
Yeah. Mechs can be dangerous. You need to do a whole bunch of reading first. @BrotherBob may have some links for you
Thank you I’ll have a look see if there’s out I can do to sort it
Here's a good place to start your mech education. Mechs, and especially hybrid mechs, take a lot of knowledge to operate safely.
thank you I shall take a look at the link I got sent

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Could maybe be a little snip of wire in the atty. Thoroughly check the RDA. I agree about ditchin' the battery too, and make sure the RDA has an extended 510, especially if you're using a hybrid mech. Mech's can be extremely dangerous to you and others if not used correctly.

MikeBully345

Nov 8, 2018
    Could maybe be a little snip of wire in the atty. Thoroughly check the RDA. I agree about ditchin' the battery too, and make sure the RDA has an extended 510, especially if you're using a hybrid mech. Mech's can be extremely dangerous to you and others if not used correctly.
    Yeah iv sorted it now I got in touch with the seller and they said it seems like a short so he has sent me a new one and I have to return the old one to be on the safe side

Reactions: VapourFlavour

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    I don’t know exactly what the resistance is I’m new to mech mods nd the battery I’m using is an 18650 battery and I got it from eBay
    2 of the biggest no no's when it comes to mechs because there is no protection like a reg. You must have great batteries and the right battery specs depending on what resistances you intend to vape. Knowing resistance is vital in a mech. Definitely check out those reads, please. Oh and maybe mention to your friend if he ever gives out another mech, to remind the user to do their homework first before using because someone can get seriously hurt

Last edited:

Hawise

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    @MikeBully345, I'm not sure whether or not you're grasping the situation here, so I'm going to lay out some of the problems. If you've read the links this will be an old story, so feel free to ignore it. If not, it might help explain why people are concerned.

I see three big risk factors right now:
    1. Extended vs Flush 510 connector. Since you're using a hybrid mod, you need an extended connector. A flush connector can cause exactly what you experienced - short circuit and sparking. Or, if you're less lucky next time, short circuit and explosion. With an extended 510, the screw sticks out a few millimetres beyond the metal surrounding it. With a flush connector, the metal and the screw are the same length. Someone once posted a very clear picture of the difference, and I hope they'll stop by with it again because I don't have a good graphic for that.
    2. Resistance. If your resistance is too low for your battery, or if there's a slight mistake in your coiling and you get a short circuit, this can also cause the problems you saw. Or an explosion. That's why it's vital to know your battery and its limitations, know what resistance works with it and check your resistance with an ohmmeter (or even just on a regulated mod) before putting a build on a mech mod. The links people have suggested include what you need to know about matching your resistance to your battery.
    3. Your battery. Since you need to know what your battery's capable of, you also need to know who made it and its specs. eBay (and Amazon, not to mention AliExpress) are full of counterfeits, so even if you know what the seller claims a battery is, you can never be sure it's genuine if you got it there. Again, the links explain what you need to know about a battery and list some reliable sellers that will help you avoid counterfeits.

I hope your research is going well and it all works out. Good luck!

billthetroll

ECF Veteran
    Feb 24, 2016
    Huntington West Virginia
    Omg!!!!!! Lol ok so I'm always easy with people when others are harsh but what are you doing?did you At lest check your rda build on a reg mod or an ohm's tester to check the resistance? I'm looking at what you wrote and it seems like no......if so bro take it from someone that's been taking Mex mods for almost 6 years that's a huge no no, you never vape a mec without checking for shorts.it sounds like you have a wire clipping in your rda..#2 throw out that eBay battery.this is stuff you don't play with.end up being on NBC news as a story about how bad va ping is lol anyways just start over and do it the right way and you should be fine.vape wild has Samsung 20s which I use because mooch himself told me was hands down the best mec mod battery if you're going to build low.have fun and try not to blow yourself up hahaha

sdennislee

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2012
    Alaska
    I’m using a purge carnage RDA and I don’t know what the eastender or flush 510 is and I don’t know exactly what the resistance is I’m new to mech mods nd the battery I’m using is an 18650 battery and I got it from eBay
    Not to be rude but I have to say, if you don't know your resistance, you don't know what a 510 is and you bought a battery from eBay you definitely need significant more training before you should fire a mech mod. This is the stuff headlines are made of. Please do the necessary research to SAFELY use a mech mod.

Watch all of Mooch's video's, learn how to use ohm's law forward and backwards and never again buy batteries from eBay please.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread