PWM or DC-DC on my IPV Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
folkphys .... Why not get a multimeter and set the probes on each coil post and then fire it once you have it set up as in your photo.

Let us know what voltage shows on the multimeter.

The photo you posted is a little blurry, but it looks like the display is reading 2.3V

The spec sheet for the ipv Mini says it can only go as low as 3.0v, but I would like to know what your multimeter actually says under the condition shown in your photo.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
folkphys .... Why not get a multimeter and set the probes on each coil post and then fire it once you have it set up as in your photo.

Let us know what voltage shows on the multimeter.

The photo you posted is a little blurry, but it looks like the display is reading 2.3V

The spec sheet for the ipv Mini says it can only go as low as 3.0v, but I would like to know what your multimeter actually says under the condition shown in your photo.

Will not work:
First the unit needs to be in PWM mode
Then you will need a Scope, not a meter, in order to read

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
my ipv mini doesn't "buck" the voltage in DC-DC mode, it's does in PWM though. it's my opinion and I could very well be wrong! but I think in DC-DC mode it just dumps whatever voltage the battery is at, be it 3.6 or 4.2 or whatever.

That is the way the design of the Board works. It will Boost in DC-DC. You can watch the Battery meter do crash dives at 30 watts while firing. :laugh:
Join us in the main Mini thread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread