pyro 24 "FAIL"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert mckenzie

Jun 16, 2018
Hi, name is Robert a newbee on ecf been vaping about a year now.
I have a problem with vv pyro 24 rdta. Have been using it on voopoo drag for going on three weeks, It was doing a great job. but then the drag stopped recognizing it. When I coil it up and put it on it doesn't ask if it's a new coil then I get check atomizer. what's got me confused is it works on smok mag. oh and all other tanks and rta's work fine on the Drag. What am I missing???...

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
Have you tried cleaning the pin on the drag and pushing it up and down (if it's spring loaded)? Sometimes the get stuck or pushed in. Same can happen on the tank end. The mag mod may have a longer 510 pin that makes a better connection. Do you have any other tanks you can use on the drag? At least then if it works normally you know the problem is the 510 connection between the drag and the pyro.

• Agree
Reactions: Letitia

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi, name is Robert a newbee on ecf been vaping about a year now.
I have a problem with vv pyro 24 rdta. Have been using it on voopoo drag for going on three weeks, It was doing a great job. but then the drag stopped recognizing it. When I coil it up and put it on it doesn't ask if it's a new coil then I get check atomizer. what's got me confused is it works on smok mag. oh and all other tanks and rta's work fine on the Drag. What am I missing???...
Welcome and glad you joined.
Good idea to read this site first and try their recommendations:
re: Troubleshooting Tips: When Your Atomizer Doesn’t Work With Your Mod/APV
If above recommendations fail, the following works for me most of the time:
Unscrew your RDA 510 positive atomizer pin a quarter to a half turn counter clockwise to loosen*. Try vaping, if this fails, make or buy a new RDA center pin head insulated washer. Your "under the pin" head insulated washer is probably crushed (causing a short) and needs replacement.
Some local B&M Vape shops may be able to replace the insulating washer.
*Some 510 "center pins" are attached differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread