Q: Help solve eGo-T dry vapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
I want to use the eGo-T as I would any simple e-cig. I want it to be easy to clean and quick to fill from a syringe. I don't like mods of any kind. But I am forced to make a safety mod that keeps the cap of the cart from coming off so easily and I'm okay doing this mod on a regular basis.

I love the looks of the eGo-T with the normal battery and normal size tank. The way it looks is a big reason I would buy it instead of another e-cig. So I want to stay with the looks I love which means I want to stay with the normal size batteries and black tanks.

I don't know much about the eGo-T. I've learned I must buy LR atomizers. But if I can't make the cheapest LR atties work, then screw the eGo-T.

I don't mind the leaking northe flooding. But I can't tolerate dry vapes. I want a solution to the dry vapes before buying anything more. Please give me everything you got that will solve the the dry vape problem.

TIA,
Dave

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
I've found the dry vapes are caused by one or both of two things:

1) Wick. You can take it apart and fiddle with it, or do like I do, and just grab a new atomizer (I haven't had any trouble with this since my original 2 attys, all the others I've bought (regular and LR) have been fine).

2) WickING (due to juice thickness). I vape mostly PG so I haven't really had this problem. I do have one VG I vape, but its not caused a problem yet, just stay away from thick dark juices.

My feeling is that the flooding is also do to a fubar wick, (unless you just didn't push the tank in far enough to seat), so again, easy fix is to switch out the atty. Some have said if you let the level of the juice get too low, it will flood, and that you must leave an air bubble when its filled or it will not wick properly (dry vape again).

BTW, I know the black tips *look* cool, but if you can't see the juice level, you can vape it dry and wind up with a burnt taste. I use the clear ones. And I highly recommend the LR attys (cheaper and better flavor and vapor production).

HTH

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
I've found the dry vapes are caused by one or both of two things:

1) Wick. You can take it apart and fiddle with it, or do like I do, and just grab a new atomizer (I haven't had any trouble with this since my original 2 attys, all the others I've bought (regular and LR) have been fine).

2) WickING (due to juice thickness). I vape mostly PG so I haven't really had this problem. I do have one VG I vape, but its not caused a problem yet, just stay away from thick dark juices.

My feeling is that the flooding is also do to a fubar wick, (unless you just didn't push the tank in far enough to seat), so again, easy fix is to switch out the atty. Some have said if you let the level of the juice get too low, it will flood, and that you must leave an air bubble when its filled or it will not wick properly (dry vape again).

BTW, I know the black tips *look* cool, but if you can't see the juice level, you can vape it dry and wind up with a burnt taste. I use the clear ones. And I highly recommend the LR attys (cheaper and better flavor and vapor production).

HTH

Cool...we are getting to specifics here.

I particularly like the eGo-T for thick juices that are difficult to pump into a carto. And you have suggested that I am having trouble with wicking.

So maybe you e-cig efficienados out there could talk specifically and clearly about improving wicking with an eGo-T when using a thick juice :)

Thanks,
Dave

Last edited:

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
I'd suggest you read through this thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ego-type-models/139915-new-ego-tank-system.html Its *very* long but you may find some info in there to help. I tend to take the easy way out, if a juice is too thick (for example), I use a thinner juice. That said, I have seen some posts about replacing the wick yourself and making it "thinner" (less dense) to accomodate thicker juices. But that seems like a lot of work for an atty you paid a premium for, and that can die on you at any time anyway.

You might try posting in the "model specific" forum http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ego-type-models/

Last edited:

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
I'd suggest you read through this thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ego-type-models/139915-new-ego-tank-system.html Its *very* long but you may find some info in there to help. I tend to take the easy way out, if a juice is too thick (for example), I use a thinner juice. That said, I have seen some posts about replacing the wick yourself and making it "thinner" (less dense) to accomodate thicker juices. But that seems like a lot of work for an atty you paid a premium for, and that can die on you at any time anyway.

You might try posting in the "model specific" forum eGo Type Models

Thanks for the tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread