Status
Not open for further replies.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Any thoughts/comments/opions on this?
    I have a Pax 3, it's going on 3 yrs old now and I've noticed quite a change in battery operation. It's got an internal battery of course so basically it's a 'disposable', and I don't like those too much. But, and there's always a ......, it's a 'bi vape', but lately I've been using it only for wax. Because of 3 things: battery age, device used for wax much more than dry, and needing to be powered on/off differently (meaning more battery usage ), I am thinking strongly about two separate devices, one for wax and the Pax for dry herb.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    I get skittish when the price of anything gets close to or above $50. I was just curious if anyone had some comments or reviews even of this device or something similar. I have pretty much jumped from the combustible wagon onto the wax one..

• Agree
    Reactions: Izan

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    I get skittish when the price of anything gets close to or above $50. I was just curious if anyone had some comments or reviews even of this device or something similar. I have pretty much jumped from the combustible wagon onto the wax one..
    How often are you vaping wax/concentrates?
    How much are you consuming per day/week?
    Are you using the pax concentrate insert or just the regular chamber?

For a light user, I would point you to the Boundless Terp Pen (NOT the XL) and extra coil tips.
    For about twice the price, something from Divine Tribe/Crossing ,should handle the needs of a regular user.
    I'll stop there. Head over to the F-Combustion for more information and the trail that leads deeper down the rabbit hole.

HTH
    Cheers
    I

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    > How often are you vaping wax/concentrates?
    Daily. Or by CDC's definition of that word, probably way, way daily.

> How much are you consuming per day/week?
    Maybe close to about 2 grams a day. Delta 8 Hemp THC.

> Are you using the pax concentrate insert or just the regular chamber?
    The insert, but I lost the cap for it, so I am just more level headed when using it.. Well actually I try to keep the Pax level, my head and level are two words that aren't two and they should never both be in the same sentence..

> For a light user, I would point you to the Boundless Terp Pen (NOT the XL) and extra coil tips.
    Thanks. I'll take a look at that.

> For about twice the price, something from Divine Tribe/Crossing ,
    Informative product descriptions, with pictures and videos too! Man I really wish my Pico. They got a 75W there too. I think it's probably for the best that I suffer more from Broke-itis than Shinyitis

> I'll stop there. Head over to the F-Combustion for more information and the trail that leads deeper down the rabbit hole.
    _alice.jpg.thumb[1].jpg
    I'm a member there but haven't been there for months and months. I just might go over there in some time and browse around.

Last edited:
    • Love

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    > How often are you vaping wax/concentrates?
    Daily. Or by CDC's definition of that word, probably way, way daily.

> How much are you consuming per day/week?
    Maybe close to about 2 grams a day. Delta 8 Hemp THC.

> Are you using the pax concentrate insert or just the regular chamber?
    The insert, but I lost the cap for it, so I am just more level headed when using it.. Well actually I try to keep the Pax level, my head and level are two words that aren't two and they should never both be in the same sentence..

> For a light user, I would point you to the Boundless Terp Pen (NOT the XL) and extra coil tips.
    Thanks. I'll take a look at that.

> For about twice the price, something from Divine Tribe/Crossing ,
    Informative product descriptions, with pictures and videos too! Man I really wish my Pico. They got a 75W there too. I think it's probably for the best that I suffer more from Broke-itis than Shinyitis

> I'll stop there. Head over to the F-Combustion for more information and the trail that leads deeper down the rabbit hole.
    I'm a member there but haven't been there for months and months. I just might go over there in some time and browse around.

If you don't have a cat (s), and your situation permits it; I would steer you towards an E-nail and bucket/banger/slerper set up.
    You didn't mention portability nor the need for stealth, which of course, an enail is neither. It is however, reliable, consistent and should provide a few years (or more) of service.

Most devices that can handle temp control and take a custom TCR value will work with the DT/DC products. I heard that Evolv just released an escribe beta with a "session" mode for the current line of chips.

Over on the FC, my short list includes the Angus and Pockety.

Happy to chat here or there, if you are so inclined.
    HTH

Cheers
    I

HyDrOpOnIc1987

ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2021
    I have the Xmax V3 Pro and have to say it is an amazing little budget vape. Love the removeable 18650, also love that its both on demand AND session. Its hard to find a device that does both well lol

I also have a dynavap that i use daily to achieve those .... like heavy hits. My only complaint with the dynavap is that if u bring it out and you don't own an Induction Heater, you'll quite possibly be looked at like ur doing crack or aomething lol I brought ine out and had other drug users coming up to me looking to buy lmao so disappointed when they find out im only vaping herb lmao ofc, im fine with it :)

Anyways, just wanted to say that I second the Xmax v3 pro. It CAN do concentrates IF you sandwich it between bud. It also comes with a concentrate cup, but its garbage apparently lol havemt tried it though. I just dab if i really need to use concentrates. Im comfortable with torches cuz my Dynavap lol

Also, I'm always scouring FC lol im looking to get a used ball vape eventually so im always looking at their classifieds are. I cant afford a ball vape unless i build the Pinky, which im not that technically inclined lol, or get it used.

Hope you get a vape that fits your needs!

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    I've checked out that Xmax, but the only, and top of the priority pile, setback so far is the price. $80 - $100 (maybe more or less when I look around more) is an amount I wish I could spend without a second thought..

I'm registered over on FC, perhaps I should browse around there a bit more..

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    In a previous post in this thread I said I consumed ~ 2 grams a day. I have no idea how I came up with that number.. I use less than a gram a day. I recently bought some more wax, but I noticed that vendor (CannaClear) has a DB water soluble powder for sale. My interest is piqued and my next purchase from there will be, guess what.. :vapor:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread