The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Quad flex RDTA wicking

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Vaper12345678, Sep 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Vaper12345678

Vaper12345678 Full Member

Aug 26, 2018
    so I recently bought a Aspire quad flex survival kit and I am really happy with it but I never used any kind of RDTA before and don’t know how to wick the quad flex RDTA so can someone teach me how to do it.How long is the cotton should be, to the bottom of the tank or halfway?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    There's at least 20 videos on You Tube for this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    And you chose rip tripper. You’re a cruel man :lol:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Baditude

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I know. :rolleyes: I'm not a fan of his over-the-top personality, but IMHO he does excellent tutorials and closeup photography. I've learned to ignore his bombasticity.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Bombasticity....Hmm... perhaps I should start wearing a douchy hipster ball cap then...

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. Fredman1

Fredman1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Ha Ha i spin him back and forth, to only watch the important stuff. He wares me down like my new jack russel puppy :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Vaper12345678

Vaper12345678 Full Member

Aug 26, 2018
    But the juice below the wick level won’t climb up, how am I going to vape it? And if I wick to the very bottom of it it would be a huge waste of cotton in the long use.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Baditude

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Do a little "swirl" or back and forth motion to keep the wick wet. I used to have to do that with my Genesis RTA's.

That is pretty much the case with all RTA's which have the liquid reservoir below the deck. You're always going to be fighting gravity with this style of tank.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Yep you are going to have to tilt your mod around a bit if not desiring to descend to the very bottom I do it with my velocity style decks and it's usually not supremely difficult, etc. I guess with less capacity, it could get a bit more irritatating.

Anna

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.