Question about element batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlarsen

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2011
Helena, MT
This question is almost moot as I'll be getting my shipment any minute now and can just look at the batteries. Are Halo element batteries sealed, or unsealed? Does it depend on if they are automatic or manual?

I read that all manuals are sealed, and that all automatics are not. If that is true, then it answers my question. I just didn't see on the Halo site where it said one way or another, and couldn't tell from the pictures.

I'll probably be doing some direct dripping and using carts some of the time, and ordered both manual and automatic batteries, so I guess I could direct drip only with the manuals. But, I have been direct dripping with my old Blu batteries (unsealed) with the atomizer (another 510 compatible from origins unknown that is wider than the Blu battery) attached to the battery when I do it (which I now see is not recommended), and not even being very careful when I drip.

I suppose by all means I should have destroyed my batteries by now, but I haven't had a problem the way I've been doing it, just lucky I guess. Anyway, it doesn't matter because I won't need these old Blu batteries but for another hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread