Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Hey,

So I bought some juice from them the other day because they had cotton candy and I was tempted to try some in one of my carts from Blu (after using up the cart of course lol.) I refilled the cart with cotton candy from Volcano which is a 80%PG and 20%VG...I got very low vapor production and hardly any taste...I can smell the cotton candy more than I can taste it...I'm pretty confused right now!

Also before I forget, their customer service says any juice that has more than 20% VG in it will kill an atty or seriously damage it and they recommended I DO NOT add any additional VG to their liquids. If this is true then I'm confused about all the VG based products out there...aren't they 100% VG based? How do those juices not ruin attys? Seems kinda contradicting if you ask me. They claim this is not just related to their attys but anyones attys. Please comment if you can explain this to me cause I don't get it.

Am I have this issue because I'm using someone elses cart with someone elses's liquid or is it because the liquid was primarily PG which lacks the vape? My pre-filled carts with Blu are a night and day difference to what I experienced with the liquid from Volcano...I get tons of vapor from Blu carts although the taste is minimal.

I have a "Magma" kit on the way from Volcano with a drip configuration...should I wait and test that out before jumping to conclusions on their juice or what? I'm kinda bumbed about my experience with them so far.

Last edited:

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
About the company not wanting you to user more than 20% VG... it doesn't wick as well if liquid is really thick and attys run hot without good liquid and will take on a burned taste (and then they get complaints about their atomizer being "bad" and wanting replacements. Probably protecting themselves from noobies (and they would much rather you just buy their liquid ;) ) I use 60/40 and my attys run for months... Basically... that's crapola.

As far as no vapor production: The liquid should be fine (doen't make any difference what company liquid you use on any atomizer). This could be caused by several things... Have you popped on a new pre-filled Blu cart and tried it? If it produces vapor just fine, it's the liquid. Contact the Supplier (and tell them that you can use a pre-filled cartridge/liquid fine on your atty).

If you aren't getting vapor with your pre-filled carts, could just be the atty is going. They don't last forever. Put a new one on... see if it works better (don't forget to blow it out, and prime it well). Try cleaning the old one in PGA or very hot water. Let dry for a few days (outside in summer sun helps!) or put in a warm oven.. Prime it well before using again.

Your cartridge could be air locked (has it been a while since you put fresh filling in? You may need to). Take a toothpick or bend out a paperclip and move the filling aside to release any air trapped under the filling. Then pull it up a bit and fluff it out and make sure it's pulled to the top. Add liquid only until you see a glassy look at the top. Replacement Polyfill can be purchased from craft and fabric shops in bags or rolls (used for quilting) or you can switch to aquarium foam for filler (which I like much better and lasts forever). You might want to try the straw modification to the cart with the polyfill to get liquid to wick better http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/11421-cart-mod-better-refilling.html

Your atty can be flooded (if you are used to using pre-filled, it can take a while to get down exactly how much to put in). Remove and blow out the atty. Put back on and add a few drops to the bridge. Give it a minute to soak in and put your cart back on.

Wipe off your battery/atty connections. Sometimes filling your own carts can cause leakage. Liquid over run to the connections can cause poor vapor. I use microfiber cloths to get liquid and goo out of the threads.

Clean out the mouthpiece. If it has liquid condensed inside of it, it can cause poor vapor.

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
I think I might have figured out what the problem was. I was filling my cartomizers and then trying to use them immediately...I wasn't giving them any time to soak in as I've read you are suppose to do. It was about 7:30AM this morning when I filled one cart and then tried it and didn't really get much from it...then I complained here...now about 5 hours later the same cart is pretty nice! I can taste the cotton candy much more and the vape is a bit better.

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Volcano replied to me again confirming the following (according to them anyways lol)...

ME: "So in other words people who buy pure VG juice are risking damaging their attys?"

THEM: Aloha Dayvid,
-
Yes this is correct. This is true of any atomizer sold by us or any other vendor.
-
If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact us
-
Thank you

Anyone care to comment:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread