• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Question about PG/VG level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whoopin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Borderlands
Hey guys! I am having problems with my dual coil tank as it isn't wicking properly, and I'm using a 50/50 ratio. Therefore I am thinking of changing to 60/40 and I was wondering whether the throat hit, vapor production, and flavour will be very different cause I never had experience. And i was also wondering whether the thickness of the liquid will change drastically enough to see some changes in the wicking? I want to change to 60 PG 40 VG in hope that it did be able to wick my carto properly.

Thanks in advance guys! :)

Whoopin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Borderlands
@SGJUICES I don't really like throat hit that's why I stick to 50/50; do you think the TH will be increased significantly? And will be juice's viscosity have significant different?

@Rul46 I tried eveything. I primed it well. Doesn't work. Leave it 30 mins, 1hr, overnight, burnt. I tried sucking without pressing, doesn't work. In the end, I have to take the tank out and then cover the connector and suck real hard to suck the juice into the filler. I tried using a syringe, it seemed like it worked, but then it didn't work as well. It is so frustrating cause I have 2 pretty large holes on a dual-coil cartomizer and I've only managed to get one working which is gone already. But thanks for your advise though :)

Thanks for the help so far though. I think i'm going to get 60/40 at 7mg and hope that the TH won't be so strong. hehe.

Necromancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Vapers Haven
@SGJUICES I don't really like throat hit that's why I stick to 50/50; do you think the TH will be increased significantly? And will be juice's viscosity have significant different?

@Rul46 I tried eveything. I primed it well. Doesn't work. Leave it 30 mins, 1hr, overnight, burnt. I tried sucking without pressing, doesn't work. In the end, I have to take the tank out and then cover the connector and suck real hard to suck the juice into the filler. I tried using a syringe, it seemed like it worked, but then it didn't work as well. It is so frustrating cause I have 2 pretty large holes on a dual-coil cartomizer and I've only managed to get one working which is gone already. But thanks for your advise though :)

Thanks for the help so far though. I think i'm going to get 60/40 at 7mg and hope that the TH won't be so strong. hehe.
I think you can try PG400 , its lesser TH and smoother on the throat

Galaxy3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Smoky Room

I think i can understand your frustration because i am going through the same situation as well.

Still trying to find my sweet spot for equipment and juices.

You have no idea how many different cartomizers and clearomizers i threw away.
Some of them just doesnt perform well even when they are brand new.
CE2s, CE4, CE4+. ego vision v3, viva nova, etc etc, i got them all and binned them all.
Some will vape nicely for like an hour, then it went either tasteless or no vapour.

My journey for the right vape can get pretty frustrating at times.
So maybe its the juices?
well, i imported them.

Or maybe its the ego twist that i have?
Well, i bought myself a provari.

I even went ahead and bought a genesis maxi to see what the fuss it all about.
The result was that i didnt like the airy draw and its sitting in my drawer right now.

So currently, i will be trying out cartos and tanks next (shipment pending) and in the meantime, i am dripping.

Cant wait to find my sweet spot. Wish me luck.

Iruel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2012
Atlantis
i'm doing redbull menthol 70/30 12mg and the TH is really strong! I don't know if its because of the menthol or because of the juice base?

Mostly due to flavor I assume. Menthol's TH should be cooling but smooth overall. Red Bull on the other hand, stings your throat. I tried 2 different red bull flavor before, though slightly different in taste, they both stings the throat. I wonder if it could be citrus?

Whoopin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Borderlands
@Galaxy3 I wish you all the best. Some of the bros around here say that the dripping is one of the best way to get good flavour and and good vape. Therefore, maybe you should try get a rebuildable atty around here that can last you for a while. Or else you can experiment with the DCT, I think you did like them even though they are a little difficult to master cause their flavour and vapour is intense, but alas I only managed to get one done. PM-ed you something by the way :)

Whoopin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Borderlands
I believe this is a forum and everyone is prepared to help each other :)

Anyway, here's the breakdown.

PG = more Throat Hit (TH) and less vapor, and it is thinner
VG = less throat hit, more vapor, and it is thicker :)

There's a beginner thread's around here somewhere, you can go and check it out, it should help you out should you need help! :)

Bunnyboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
Vape Island

There's a beginner thread's around here somewhere, you can go and check it out, it should help you out should you need help! :)

More vg also affects the taste and flavour of the juice. Pg brings out the flavour better.

slackersg

Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
A .... hole...

More vg also affects the taste and flavour of the juice. Pg brings out the flavour better.

Thanks guys/gals... :vapor:

Going to post more question over at newbie q & a side...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread