Question about Refilling Cartridges

Status
Not open for further replies.

InSoMnIaC

Sep 12, 2009
I've had my Joye510 for about 2 months now. I've been buying Kent Liquid from Rocky Mountain Vapor to Refill my cartridges. Recently it doesn't seem like my cartridges last as long as they used to. So I've tried a couple of things to refill them.

I tried a Pyramid Tea bag mod (using a straw and stuffing a tea bag into it). This worked, but it doesn't seem to hold much. So I went back to using the stock filling that came with my starter set.

Now that filling doesn't seem to last. It will hold about 6 drops when it's dry. I can probably take about 30 hits before it starts to taste burnt. When I take the tip off, I can see that there is juice at the bottom of the cartridge, but the top that is closest to the atomizer is completely dry. I do blow out my atomizer regularly (I've got a manual model). I'm not sure if the filler wears out and needs to be replaced.

So I tried using regular Polyfill from Wal-Mart and it tastes better, but I can only get about 10 drops into it before it won't hold anymore. I think that it might be packed too tightly in the cartridge. Anyway, what is the best way for me to refill my cartridges. I want to have a cartridge last me for a couple of hours if possible (it did when I first got the starter kit). Any advice about how to properly refill these and what to use would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Youre getting a great deal from your carts if they last 2 hours - wow wtg.
If the filler is packed too tight just cut it up a bit (and/or pull it part some) until its less packed but there is a section of the forum that lists a bunch of cart modifications you might be interested in reading. Cartridge Mods - E-Cigarette Forum
Personally I dumped filler in favor of dripping but 2 hours without re-filling is not something you get with dripping lol.

SirVette

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Texas
I've had my Joye510 for about 2 months now. ... Recently it doesn't seem like my cartridges last as long as they used to. ...
I think that it might be packed too tightly in the cartridge. Anyway, what is the best way for me to refill my cartridges. I want to have a cartridge last me for a couple of hours if possible (it did when I first got the starter kit). Any advice about how to properly refill these and what to use would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Someone suggested cutting the filler off to about 1/2 inch.

The Janty eGo filler was about 1/2 inch. I pull the filler & pour it in & never counted drops. Dripping from top does not fill it.

InSoMnIaC

Sep 12, 2009
As you are fairly new to vaping, i'd recommend a SIMPLE cart mod that works even for an ex-dripper and for some reputable ECF veterans.

Check my sig and go Highping's way...you won't regret it.

With this, are you still using regular polyfill? I've got a big bag of white stuff that I bought in the fabric department at Wal-Mart. Does Polyfill get worn out and need to be replaced often? Meaning does it get to the point where it doesn't absorb as much or needs to be replaced?

Thank you for the info! Oh, and BTW, how soon do I need to expect to replace my atomizers? I'm still using the ones that came in my kit. How long do the stock atomizers and batteries for the 510 last before they need to be switched out?

portguy

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Portugal
Yes, i use the polyfill that comes with the carts. If using Walmart polyfill, make sure it has no chemicals like flame ......ants.

Polyfill lasts long, i wash my "plugs" every other day and they pretty much stay the same.

As for atomizers and batteries, you can expect batteries to last up to 300 charging cycles. A well maintained atomizer can last months. So far i have a couple that are still working great after almost 4 months. But that means taking care of them. Let them drain overnight by letting them sit battery connection facing up in a Kleenex or kitchen paper. That will drain excess juice. Also rotate the ones you have in use and always have 2 spares.

Never toss dead atomizer away. It might be just waiting for a good cleaning (or you can check them by using a multimeter).

Check here the new thread on Highping's Simple Cart Mod
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/79418-highping-cart-mod-simple-gets.html

and here if you ever need to clean a "dead" atomizer (also from highping)
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/69834-my-atty-resurrection-method.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread