Status
Not open for further replies.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
The rough stack comes in two configurations. The short one and the maxi. You can buy the maxi tube without an end cap for $20 on their site. The end caps are the same and interchangeable. So, if your friend gets the short rough stack, the longer tube can be purchased later.

The long tube can use an 18650 for 3.7v, a 5.0v ni-mh battery, or a couple of 3.0v rcr123a for 6.0v vaping. The short tube can take an 18350 or a 16340 for 3.7v.

Edit: I typed 18650 for the short one, I meant to type 18350.

Last edited:

Bucktoothzombie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2011
Indiana
I would go with the VV mod box or ego.. the switch on the RR is junk and there isn't a drip catch of any type on it.. The threads get knarled all up and if she stood it goes down in the tube and junks up the battery.. Trust me I've went through 2 RR and 3 switches..
I'm just saying.. I know other will disagree but I can't help their only trying to fool themselves

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I know other will disagree but I can't help their only trying to fool themselves

I do indeed disagree with you and I will claim that I am in no way delusional nor trying to fool myself... or anyone else for that matter.

Before I make any case for what makes me sure my sanity is in tact and that I am coping quite well with the reality of my life, I have a few inquires to be sure I want to engage that sort of conversation:

You said that leaving the RS standing caused juice to get in to the tube. The RS 510 connector is sealed and therefore won't allow juice to drain in to the battery tube. So, are you sure you had an RS and not some other PV?

You said the threads got gnarled up. How did you damage your threads? They don't gnarl themselves, so that begs the question as to how much damage you did to the connector and how you did it.

You said you require a drip catch on the switch. Why do you pour juice on your switch and not in to your atty?

Last edited:

4mehealth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2011
canada
Perhaps he's talking about flooding it?

I got myself a 510-510 extender (not sure if that's the proper name of it). Basically, my attys would drip (I was flooding, still do on occasion). Just keep a tissue with me to wipe it up. In any case, when I flood it and don't pay attention, the atty connector and the nut is covered in juice. No biggie. Just wipe it down.

A drip shield or catch would be nice. But I can't complain. For the price, I'm loving the MaxiRS as my first mod.

Bucktoothzombie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2011
Indiana
Threads aren't damaged at all.. They just get that way screwing and unscrewing it over time. And yes the juice threw the switch and in turn seeps into the tube..
I took a.rubber gasket and cut it real thin and put it under the nut. That's pretty much fixed it. But I won't suggest this mod to a female just starting.. it's liable to frustrate her cause to give up all together..

To me the switch is junk and the placing of it is a big problem. They should make it longer, put the switch on the side and make it V.V.. and sell it for 20 bucks more.

But that's just my thoughts.

I have the original maxi rough stack and I have never had one single issue. There are so few parts and a really great switch. Mine has fallen and I mean falling from a distance and the thing still works.

My question can I use the new smaller tubes with my cap. If not any old stock left. I'll buy it if I could find it.

Eddie in Louisiana

Krisb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
OH
Threads aren't damaged at all.. They just get that way screwing and unscrewing it over time. And yes the juice threw the switch and in turn seeps into the tube..
I took a.rubber gasket and cut it real thin and put it under the nut. That's pretty much fixed it. But I won't suggest this mod to a female just starting.. it's liable to frustrate her cause to give up all together..

To me the switch is junk and the placing of it is a big problem. They should make it longer, put the switch on the side and make it V.V.. and sell it for 20 bucks more.

But that's just my thoughts.

Instead of saying you wouldn't recommend it to a female because we would get too frustrated, maybe a better way of saying this would be not to recommend this mod to the non-mechanically inclined? I, as a nurse, can save your life, change the oil in your car and sail you across the lake...and, yes, through my girlish giggling, I'd be able to walk through home depot and buy a gasket and know where to put it and why.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Bucktoothzombie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2011
Indiana
People take things way to literally today.. Like it or not... Your common female doesn't want to tinker with something mechanical and will most likely just keep smoking cigarettes then screw around with a mod.
.I said female originally because the person was asking for a female friend.

I know woman can do almost everything a man can do.. I was just trying to help someone out, not pit woman against men and Michelle Rodriguez.. ;)

debb

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
in the nj woods
I love tinkering with my mods....we have built some kits from MV's...I understand a noob might not want to do this right away....but FEMALES!...LOL!!!! :D

btw...my friend who uses ego's ..got a RS at the meet...She loves it....

I do know what Buck means tho...my daughter has a kit..she hates messing with it...it's easier for her to grab a cigg and light up....:blink:

Last edited:

Krisb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
OH
People take things way to literally today.. Like it or not... Your common female doesn't want to tinker with something mechanical and will most likely just keep smoking cigarettes then screw around with a mod.
.I said female originally because the person was asking for a female friend.

I know woman can do almost everything a man can do.. I was just trying to help someone out, not pit woman against men and Michelle Rodriguez.. ;)

Actually, I think you took my response more seriously than I did yours! This is a forum full of many people from many back grounds... I was just offering a more neutral way of expressing yourself. Should have put a 'lmao' at the end, it was all said in a light hearted way. I apologize if it came across that I was overly offended! I do not offend so easily. You gotta admit, what you said certainly brought to mind an image of the stereotypical cheerleader, ditzy, frustrated girly girl...not that I haven't met a few of them myself, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread