Question about swapping different cartridges

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARPunk

Jan 5, 2009
Hello,

I was in a bind today and needed to get some cartridges because Im leaving for a trip in 2 days. I bought some cartridges from a store in the mall called "smoke anywhere." The actual cartridge size is different, but the small insert and fuzz ball fit into the atomizer in my NPRO. Is this something that is OK to do? (I know about juice, just don't have the time to get it).

The first few hits were STRONG but it died out fairly quickly. How long do these things REALLY last?? They say 10 cigarettes, but to me it seems more like 5 cigarettes.

Mufftrix

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
Stoke-On-Trent UK
Like the "fuzz ball" description of cart filling :) I been calling it filling /fibre but think your description much better! Cart life varys a lot, I am sure everyone will have difference of opinions? depends a lot on how much you inhale each time, how long you leave between inhales (if you have 7/8 drags then leave for half hour for example) I find am getting through 3/4 carts a day on a 901 and was a 20+ smoker, hope this helps (worse when am on computer it never out of my hand like a never ending cigarette!)

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Can't really agree on the pen-figure there Kate... I don't use more then 2 cartridges a day, often not even that; without topping off a lot. And believe me... I'm using my device non-stop ;)
I would put the pen-cartridges at anywhere between 15 and 25 (depending how you smoke it). (This being just my own experience of course)

hwilliams18

Jan 5, 2009
NC usa
ARPunk you stumbled on the wrong vendor. Smoking everywhere cartridges are like a dead car battery, they are like buying a half drunken bottle of water, they are like opening a bottle of vitamins and finding stale gummy bears. They are dry and at BEST only last the equivalence of 2-4 cigs. A reasonable choice given your delema, but I would try and keep liquid in stock if your forced to use them.

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
Ok, are you stating that you bought from "smoke anywhere" or "smoke everywhere" ??

I thought the "smoke anywhere" (yes, they have kiosks too) were the two piece type where the atomizer was part of the cartridge (which is disposable).

And the "smoke everywhere" were the ones that were multi piece with a separate atomizer. And the company that is selling a bad, unreliable product that everyone is telling us about.....

What a pain in the .... having two different products with such a close name !!

-Greg

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Do you reckon a classic/penstyle cartridge is equal to a pack of cigs Katink? You're the first real life consumer I've heard say that.

Personally I can't say, I don't use cartridges much. I stole those numbers from a Cashmere post and they seem to add up.
Between 15 (not a pack by a good bit) and 25 max (= a pack) Kate... I find it depends on how you draw on them. I am a very light drawing person myself; light and not very long. Meaning I'm on the high end of how long they last me. A person that takes deep and long draws will be using up considerably more liquid on each draw, so it will last less long for that person, hence the 15 cigs worth there. So yes, for me they are about a packs worth... I smoked 2 to close to 3 packs a day (mostly a bit more then 2); I use around 2 cartridges a day (less, but taking some topping-off into account when saying that). :)

Last edited:

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Between 15 (not a pack by a good bit) and 25 max (= a pack) Kate... I find it depends on how you draw on them. I am a very light drawing person myself; light and not very long. Meaning I'm on the high end of how long they last me. A person that takes deep and long draws will be using up considerably more liquid on each draw, so it will last less long for that person, hence the 15 cigs worth there. So yes, for me they are about a packs worth... I smoked 2 to close to 3 packs a day (mostly a bit more then 2); I use around 2 cartridges a day (less, but taking some topping-off into account when saying that). :)

So if a cigarette lasts an average of 15 draws, you're saying you would get between 225 and 375 draws per 0.8/1ml cartridge. Or if there are around 20 drops per 1ml (0.05ml per drop) then a drop lasts you between 11 and 18 draws.

I don't get that many draws from a drop but maybe I draw longer than you and my atomiser could be more efficient. What kind of atomiser are you using? Could you be drawing less now than when you smoked?

Ruyan say that there is the equivalent of 20 cigs in a 1ml cartridge. I wonder if that could be true if the liquid doesn't wick too quickly, short draws are counted and the atomiser doesn't burn too hot. I don't think it's typical for most of us. I can feel a poll coming on ... lol.

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon
Hello,

I was in a bind today and needed to get some cartridges because Im leaving for a trip in 2 days. I bought some cartridges from a store in the mall called "smoke anywhere." The actual cartridge size is different, but the small insert and fuzz ball fit into the atomizer in my NPRO. Is this something that is OK to do? (I know about juice, just don't have the time to get it).

The first few hits were STRONG but it died out fairly quickly. How long do these things REALLY last?? They say 10 cigarettes, but to me it seems more like 5 cigarettes.

Just glad that you only got ripped off on the cartridges... and didn't buy the entire package. Hmmm.. if they told you they last 10 cigarettes.. they were at least CLOSER to reality than the "Smoking Everywhere" web site where they state that each cartridge = 20 cigs... and those of us that were suckered in by Smoking Everywhere can tell you that they don't last 10 cigs... and they SURE don't last 20 cigs! :mad:

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Yes Kate... the numbers never matched my smoking. It is said (and no doubt it's true) that average people take about 10 to 15 draws from an analog cig... and then it's gone, finished.
Well, I was very far away from that... always around 30 draws on one cigarette before it was done. So 10 to 15 draws is farfrom my own experience... and I guess that translates itself to cartridges too... So also: not drawing less now then with analog cigs... and not getting 'hardly any smoke' either by the way... but I will get somewhat less then the 'hard drawers' will be getting per puff. Now having said all that... I did smoke what I did (the number of daily cigs) and they for sure were smoked all the way. So in the end, the total would still have to be the same... whether I smoke 20 or you smoke 20 (or 40, or 60) - if we both smoke 20 there are still 20 cigs less in bóth our packages...

So this leads to the conclusion, at least seemingly, that drawing light on an e-cig does in the end give more net-result as to cartridge-use... Perhaps something to look into a bit further at some point eh...

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Yes, I think so, I think it's good for us to be able to measure and compare our habits with nicotine so we can determine how much better or worse off we are.

To be honest Katink I don't quite understand yet how it works for you. What you're saying sounds reasonable but I'm a bit tired and it's not quite making sense yet.

I think you might be saying that your e-vaping compares with your smoking because you use similar technique. You're not saying that everyone can expect to get 20 cigs worth of vapour from a cartridge even though that's how it works for you.

You're the only non-supplier I've heard of who can get that much out of a cartridge. Superstack started a poll earlier about the way we inhale, the last time I looked all the votes were for medium and heavy draws and inhaling except for one light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread