question about temp control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheng Ping

Mar 27, 2015
KL
hey folks, i got into this temp control thing as i just bought my x cube 2, been subohm-ing using kanthal all the while before the x cube so yeah, quite experienced on building coils but thats not important.

anyway i got some 24 gauge ti grade 1 wires and i build a dual micro coil 7 wraps according to the method of this blog Josh’s Definitive Guide (google it) , it came out to be 0.16ohm and having it set on 500F

the thing is it reach 500F so fast and temp protection kicks in and i can never pull it more than 3secs ( tho the firing didnt stop after the msg and still firing strong however i felt that it went slightly hotter than it should be so i stop pulling it anyway thinking that it wasn't efficient anymore and could mess it up if i ignore it)

it doesn't produce as my vapor but the flavor is on par compare to my 24g kanthal 7wrapa,and considering the extra work on maintaining the ti coil i just dont get the hype anymore

any ideas guys?

Last edited:

pramonn

Apr 4, 2014
Bangkok
Im also newbie for TC.
Anyway, does X-Cube2 advertise to work with Ti?
Here is X-Cube2 official youtube video, it only mention Ni200.

However, Ti may also fuction with your unit but different wire have different resistance.
Which may cause the cut off time different than it should.
Ti is a good wire, paly around with temp.(lower it down) hope you find the right spot on setting Ti on your unit.
Happy vaping :)

P.S. I just found that your device can adjust temperature coefficient to match Ti wire.
Here is the link (Ni200=0.006, Ti=0.0038)

Last edited:

Cheng Ping

Mar 27, 2015
KL
Im also newbie for TC.
Anyway, does X-Cube2 advertise to work with Ti?
Here is X-Cube2 official youtube video, it only mention Ni200.

However, Ti may also fuction with your unit but different wire have different resistance.
Which may cause the cut off time different than it should.
Ti is a good wire, paly around with temp.(lower it down) hope you find the right spot on setting Ti on your unit.
Happy vaping :)

P.S. I just found that your device can adjust temperature coefficient to match Ti wire.
Here is the link (Ni200=0.006, Ti=0.0038)

The ti mode is a separate feature which have to be activate thru purchasing on smok apps and I can't believe i actually paid for it, according to the official downloaded settings for ti wire the coefficient is 0.0035

i think your problem is the temperature itself! i tried 500 and for me personally i thought well thats just too hot. i lowered it to 390 and that was just too cold, then the big mama of perfect temperatures for me came! 420F is just warm enough to know there's vapor there and cool enough to not singe my throat. what i'll suggest to you is trying out different temperatures. start low and raise it up slowly. about 10º at a time.
Also, vapor correlates to surface area so if you have les wraps, it'll heat up faster but produce less vapor, more wraps has a slower ramp up but the vapor is a lot better, for me at least. the oms with titanium your aiming for is similar to nickel. 0.05 to .3
i have a 19 wrap dual ti coil build in my atty right now. vapor is a LOT better than my 9 wrap dual ti. ramp up is slower but at 100 joules its pretty fast. keep experimenting with the wire and you'll find the trick soon. took me 4 ti builds to get it just right.

Cheng Ping

Mar 27, 2015
KL
i think your problem is the temperature itself! i tried 500 and for me personally i thought well thats just too hot. i lowered it to 390 and that was just too cold, then the big mama of perfect temperatures for me came! 420F is just warm enough to know there's vapor there and cool enough to not singe my throat. what i'll suggest to you is trying out different temperatures. start low and raise it up slowly. about 10º at a time.
Also, vapor correlates to surface area so if you have les wraps, it'll heat up faster but produce less vapor, more wraps has a slower ramp up but the vapor is a lot better, for me at least. the oms with titanium your aiming for is similar to nickel. 0.05 to .3
i have a 19 wrap dual ti coil build in my atty right now. vapor is a LOT better than my 9 wrap dual ti. ramp up is slower but at 100 joules its pretty fast. keep experimenting with the wire and you'll find the trick soon. took me 4 ti builds to get it just right.

19 Fricking Wraps?! Woah that's a long *** coil, whats the ID and do you have any problems from it like juice can't reach middle of the coil or airhole probs?

19 Fricking Wraps?! Woah that's a long *** coil, whats the ID and do you have any problems from it like juice can't reach middle of the coil or airhole probs?
The id is 3.2mm and i forgot to say it's 24ga. No juice problems at all. its so wide and ramps up so evenly that it doesn't have to reach the center of the build. Like I said already its all preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread