• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Question about the sale of nic juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob79

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2012
Canada
Hey everyone. So I just ordered my first kit along with some ejuice to try out. I didn't realize that the sale of ejuice with nicotine is technically "banned" in Canada until reading another thread here on ECF. So what's the deal with that? I mean, it's easy to find places that sell ejuice just by googling around, although one site I found has a disclaimer up front that says they don't sell ejuice, after I signed up to look at their starter kits I was given access to a section of the site where it is available. I didn't end up buying anything from that particular site, and I won't say which site it is here just out of courtesy to the owner, but is that common? I mean, is there a great Canadian ejuice site out there that I just haven't found yet because they keep it hidden away? If anyone has any suggestions let me know. One of the sites I ordered from that openly sells ejuice with nic is kind of expensive compared to what I've heard people say they pay on youtube reviews, etc. It's $14 for 30ml, or you can get a 6ml sample size for $4. Being a noob and not knowing what I'll like I ordered $30 worth of 6ml sizes in a range of flavours. Anyway, if you can't post anything here I understand. I did make a request on that thread for a PM with a list, but haven't received anything yet.

albertbert

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2011
Canada
It's not technically banned, but health canada doesn't approve of ecigs, and customs can take orders of nicotine. It isn't really that big a deal though. Lots of places sell it in Canada, as you'll see when you get the list.

$14 for 30ml is actually pretty good, and in my opinion reasonable. When you do get the list, you will see a bunch of vendors selling from 16 to over 20 for a bottle, which is a rip off. But we do have a handful of vendors that sell good liquid and good prices. You can get Chinese made juice cheaper, but $14 for north american made liquid is pretty decent.

With that said, ordering from the US isn't nearly as much a risk as people around here make you think. Most vendors that ship to Canada know not to label packages with anything about nicotine or ecigs. It would be no problem to email them and find out. The chances of a random check on your package is extremely small.

I don't have a up to date list, but I will PM the ejuice places i shop at.

edit: It is pretty common to have to sign up to see the nicotine stuff.

Last edited:

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I think albertbert covered everything. ~$10-20 is the average for 30 ml bottles. There are a lot of sellers in Canada and even more in the states, things do get confiscated or set back at customs from other countries, but that seems like it's 1 in 100+ orders. I ordered from a Canadian vendor and I'm finally going to try two American vendors' sample packs this month.

Edit: Some vendors have stopped selling nicotine after receiving cease and desist "suggestions" from HC. I can't dig up the original letter, which to me is written in a very sketchy and underhanded way, but here is one letter: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/canada-forum/179458-vendor-hc-letter-scene-1-act-2-a.html

And as far as I know, the last thing HC said; http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/ahc-asc/media/advisories-avis/_2009/2009_53-eng.php

Last edited:

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Sample packs or sizes are the way to go.
One interesting thing I have found is that my perception of a juice often changes over the course of 5 or 6 ml.
The first time I tried Juggies Cherry Coke, I didn't think much of it. Now I just love it.

I'm not a fan of 3, 5 or 6 ml bottles for that reason, especially trying things dripping, in a carto and tank. I like to get samples in 10 ml or bigger. Ideally I want to buy everything in 30 ml bottles just to be sure, but that gets expensive.

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
Yea, the ban is "interesting". It closed a bunch of shops down and made others just go a little tiny bit deeper. The end result was misinformation. I was looking into vaping 2 years ago, found out about the ban, and figured ecigs weren't going to be possible. 2 years later I saw the nonics in a corner store, got one, realized it was a viable alternative, found ECF, and the rest is history. Over 2 months later and still smoke free. TAKE THAT NICORETTE!

I don't buy much premix any more (don't intend to ever buy it actually), but I won't pay over 0.50$/mL. There's enough quality vendors that hit that price and have regular sales that it's not a difficult price point to hit.

That HC announcement is what made me completely write ecigs off, happened right around the time I was considering them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread