Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
I've been thinking about doing the same thing. I can't bring myself to do it to a working snow wolf though. I'm trying to find a broken one at a reasonable price but no luck so far.

I haven't made exact measurements yet but my seat of the pants is it will fit.

I put a dna 200 in my Xcube 2

image.jpg

TheLordWinter

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2010
Detroit, MI
I've been thinking about doing the same thing. I can't bring myself to do it to a working snow wolf though. I'm trying to find a broken one at a reasonable price but no luck so far.

I haven't made exact measurements yet but my seat of the pants is it will fit.

I put a dna 200 in my Xcube 2

View attachment 493937

Very nice. How'd you get the cutouts done in the fire button?

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
Very nice. How'd you get the cutouts done in the fire button?

To make the fire bar work with the dna 200 was a complicated build. I had to machine mounts for the board to mount on the plastic piece within and a lot of trial and error on the fly designing. The cutouts for display and USB were done on a "poor man's mill" (drill press with Wilton cross slide vise and an end mill in the chuck). The whole outer case is soft cast zinc. Very easy to machine. Mounting a VT 510 also required milling a good bit of the underside of the top plate.

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
The xcube 2 retro fit :) seen it before, yours that is, pretty cool, the chip in the SS200 v1 is pretty crap, so i dont feel bad about ripping it out.

And that guy who fitted his VFlask with a dna200, that must gave been a close to impossible fit.

The vflask was definitely the most complicated I've seen. I don't know if I'd be that ambitious lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread