Question regarding supplier

Status
Not open for further replies.

debbir

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2010
Orlando, FL
Today I got a yahoo IM from a person representing a supplier in China. Shenzhen Smok Technology Co., Ltd. - Electronic Cigarette, E-Cigarette, atomized cartridges So very strange, first time it happened to me. I am guessing they got my messenger from my profile on here.
My question is, has anyone purchased anything from them? They have some awesome prices, but I have concerns. They don't sell juice just attys, ecigs, cartos
I was thinking we could come up with a coop through them. They seem to be amenable to the idea, I have been speaking to a representative

Last edited:

Darkwitless

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2010
KY
They contacted you out of the blue? I know there really is a company by that name, but that doesn't meant this is a legitimate offer from this company. I'm always leery of any offer to do business from a company that pops up out of the blue wanting to do business. Kind of like when I get an email from my bank asking for my personal info - it's NOT my bank - they have my personal info. kwim?

debbir

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2010
Orlando, FL
Dark, I understand what you're saying completely. That is why I have concerns. The fact that he im'd me out of the blue like that was just plain strange. But, I did go to the website, ordered a copy of the factory audit report, and did speak with a representative from the site itself. So, I really don't know what to think. I contacted Bianca about a possible coop, but I just don't know...seems to me that I was a strange pick, I am not a supplier and he did ask me if I was one.

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
Dark, I understand what you're saying completely. That is why I have concerns. The fact that he im'd me out of the blue like that was just plain strange. But, I did go to the website, ordered a copy of the factory audit report, and did speak with a representative from the site itself. So, I really don't know what to think. I contacted Bianca about a possible coop, but I just don't know...seems to me that I was a strange pick, I am not a supplier and he did ask me if I was one.

They are the only makers of the cartos you want to do the co-op for. Had you not contacted ANYONE about that possilbe co-op yet? If you had, they probably just sent the info to Smok Tech. If you hadn't...I'd be a bit freaked out too!

The Big Chief

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Anderson, IN
Smok tech seems to have issues with co-ops now...a few retailers complained. Namely COV, madvapes and got vapes. The co-ops were cutting into their business, and threatened to pull out...so smok tech patted them on the tooshie, and shut down co-ops....Hate to call em out, but it is what it is, and it was a bit of a shady deal. Yeah, I'm still a little perturbed I missed out thanks to these folks.
I wouldnt be so surprised though you were contacted on yahoo...I seem to get contacted on msn somehow, or skype..I never use either. But china reps are generally commission based, and they will seek out orders just like any salesman. As long as their addy seems correct with @ smoketech.com or whatever, Im guessing they are ligit.

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Smok tech seems to have issues with co-ops now...a few retailers complained. Namely COV, madvapes and got vapes. The co-ops were cutting into their business, and threatened to pull out...so smok tech patted them on the tooshie, and shut down co-ops....Hate to call em out, but it is what it is, and it was a bit of a shady deal. Yeah, I'm still a little perturbed I missed out thanks to these folks.
I wouldnt be so surprised though you were contacted on yahoo...I seem to get contacted on msn somehow, or skype..I never use either. But china reps are generally commission based, and they will seek out orders just like any salesman. As long as their addy seems correct with @ smoketech.com or whatever, Im guessing they are ligit.

funny, we never even knew they were doing a co-op thing and they told us they were only upping the moq to individual purchasers and not stopping it.

hoog

librarising

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
New York
Smoketech don't have an issue with Co-ops, but they are trying to keep the Vendors happy by making it seem a bit more difficult by raising the MOQ

At their alibaba site they show some of the dual coils at 100 MOQ...with trial orders welcomed and some with 200 MOQ. They don't even seem to have their story straight there.

The Big Chief

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Anderson, IN
I had extensive talk with one person there, and notified that anyone known to run co-ops, would be banned.... BUT, they will not control pricing of any businesses items, or attempt to. Read between the lines.
But prices and moq's were increased strictly to appease certain vendors. These vendors wanted an uneven playing field, and got it. Im more dissapointed in smoke tech for agreeing to such terms. They know they have a monopoly on these, so I cant buy that they were "bullied" into this buy US retailers. I think it played a role, but ultimately they used these complaints as permission to increase sales price due to the inflated ego. I call em like I see em...but just my opinion on the business end. As far as the quality...maybe later. I will say they have cause to hold their head up high...just gotta watch the nose :p

Not to argue any points, but as an overall reply-
I was going to take part in a co-op for these dual coils, and it was shut down...I did my due diligence, and this is where it led. 50/50 shot on truthfulness from either side. I wasnt present during any alleged conversations. Im just saying that increased moq is too be expected, but awfully quick to increase sales price and be so stern about it, so quickly on new product. It all does kinda add up to make sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread