Question Regarding Vandy Vape Triple RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donald Dennewitz

Apr 9, 2018
So i purchased this as i really like the vandy vape tanks. I do have a question as i am somewhat newer to RTA's. Currently the build is 3 alien claptons sitting at a .1 ohm.

Running at 100 Watts it takes several hits before you get really good cloud and flavor. If you sit it down long enough for it to cool off the same process happens where it takes multiple hits to get a good cloud. Now on my Mister tank Triple Six tank (dual Coils) Im running 2 alien claptons at aprox .21 ohms. These seems to fire great at 75 watts. On the exact same mod VooPoo Too.

Is there a reason to this. Again Im still learning RTAs and builds.

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yes. More metal mass requires greater heat up time. If you held the button down long enough with the triples it would have eventually produced vapor. This is why imho exotic coils are fairly useless for everything but competition cloud chasing . I’m an oldie though.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Try pulsing the button a few times before taking a pull. That’s about all you can do to preheat the coil similar to what happens after a few pulls when you are getting good vapor and flavor. I agree with bombastinator that the high mass exotic coils look pretty but are somewhat useless for most vaping enthusiasts. I bought a bunch of premade coils to test them all out and I just go back to my simple twisted coils for the best vape. They add some surface area without a ton of mass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread