Question....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jshill520

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2012
Cumberland, MD
Have you guys noticed a difference in e-juice flavoring when your vaping with different hardware? If so which hardware to you vapes the best?
Yeah definitely different with different hardware. For bobas and other tobacco Vapes I think the best taste is with stainless steel mesh in a genesis atty. I just use a mech with the genny. I think sweeter juices and fruity flavors taste better on cotton either in an rda or a tank like the atlantis or similar. If you vape bobas or Gj on cotton wick there's a huge change in flavor, it comes out too sweet for me and mutes a lot of the higher flavor notes if that makes any sense.

Reactions: Wookie1

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Believe it or not, I still believe that Boba's tastes the best in an old fashioned 510 atty, dripped. But I've never tried the SS mesh as Mr. Shill indicated. I do use cotton with other juices, mostly those higher in PG. Boba's has a hell of a time wicking in anything other than a dripper.

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA
Drippers work best for me for sure. 22mm drippers I use zenith v2 at 25-30 watts single coil with cotton. origen v2 cotton at about 30-35 watts. For smaller atties such as atomic work great for me at around 20-25 watts.

I believe this is a topic that is well discussed in the ECF forums. Drippers vs tanks vs genies vs cartos vs 510 drippers.

I don't think there is a "best". There is just personal preference. I choose drippers for flavor and adjustable draw. I am also sensitive to metallic flavors therefore using a screen mesh wick and tight draw is not ideal for me.

Jshill520

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2012
Cumberland, MD
Believe it or not, I still believe that Boba's tastes the best in an old fashioned 510 atty, dripped. But I've never tried the SS mesh as Mr. Shill indicated. I do use cotton with other juices, mostly those higher in PG. Boba's has a hell of a time wicking in anything other than a dripper.
510 is the way I first tried it and it got me hooked! You might be on to something. I know I hate messing with my genny all the time. If it gets knocked over, you gotta readjust the wick cause it'll short out. I've had plenty of bad coils for tanks too. I may have only had 1 or 2 bad 510 atomizers.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
I am also sensitive to metallic flavors therefore using a screen mesh wick and tight draw is not ideal for me.

It's interesting that you're sensitive to metallic flavors, as I am quite sensitive to many other forms of wicking, namely, cotton. I abandoned rba's years ago due to never being able to shake the nasty taste of whatever wicking I was using. If it were cotton, I'd always taste it, and the same with other types of wicking as well. I always found it interesting that I loved the flavor in an old school 510, even though I used the same wicking in a rebuildable, but could not replicate the taste! I eventually, without any concrete proof, attributed it to the SS mesh that surrounds the ceramic cup in a 510 atty, and just continued to drip.

However! I've recently delved back into trying cotton, specifically, that Japanese organic stuff, and it's seemingly much better than all of the crap I tried the past. Still can't get Boba's to wick worth a damn in a tank, but I can at least use it for higher PG juices, and still have it taste decent, even great.

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA
Have any of you guys tried vaping from mechanical mods like the Pegasus, or tried variable wattage devices likes the Gi2? If so do you guys like how they vape?
Yes and yes and depends. The quality of your vape boils down to yhe quality of your atomizer. The mod for the most part just delivers the power although the quality of your vape will be affected by how well your mod delivers power.

Reactions: Izan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread