Questions about charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

OptimoMuffin

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2013
So I recently got my first REAL vape (ego-T, clearo's, etc) and its .......n heavenly...

However I've had some questions to clear up about charging, I think I know the answers but I just want a professional to verify them.

1. My Blu PCC: I have the OLD Blu PCC without the dumb wifi button, I have the one with the screw on charger. I know it says once its done charging inside the PCC, unscrew the battery because it will drain the packs battery and the actual battery, or something like that, and they really make sure you know that. But my question is, when I charge the actual PCC with the wall outlet, once its done charging and the light shuts off, is it ok to leave it plugged in or will something similar happen? It doesn't say anything about this happening so I would assume its ok but I don't want to go to bed and leave it charging and wake up to a dead PCC cuz it was in too long. Does anyone know?

2. ^ Above how I mentioned that you must unscrew the battery from the pcc when done... Its alright to leave the battey IN the slot but unscrewed while the other one takes up the holder slot? Because its loose and wiggles around and Blu always says don't let your batteries be not secured into a slot so it worries me. Should I be worried? If I'm not aloud to leave it in there where the hell does it go? Thinking about ordering one of the new PCCs for that reason.

3. Ego charger: So my ego charger doesnt have a wall outlet adapter just the USB. Im pretty sure it doesn't matter which wall outlet usb adapter I use as long as its like 5 volts. Am I right? Or should I not use other wall outlet adapters and just use a computer?

Thanks guys!

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
1. I usually charged the PCC overnight with no issue
2. You can leave them in the PCC and they will not overcharge. It says that somewhere on their website. Again never had an issue with that either.
3. I never had a wall charger cuz they were out of stock when I got my ego. I always charge on my laptop, and sometimes overnight, too (although others will disagree with me). It okay if you don't take them off the charger right away.

peacepipe

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2012
chicago
Ego charger: So my ego charger doesnt have a wall outlet adapter just the USB. Im pretty sure it doesn't matter which wall outlet usb adapter I use as long as its like 5 volts. Am I right? Or should I not use other wall outlet adapters and just use a computer?

You can use any USB to AC wall adapter that's 5v, and your good to go with the USB port in your car as well, it's also 5v, but DC. It won't damage the ego batteries.

OptimoMuffin

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2013
1. I usually charged the PCC overnight with no issue
2. You can leave them in the PCC and they will not overcharge. It says that somewhere on their website. Again never had an issue with that either.
3. I never had a wall charger cuz they were out of stock when I got my ego. I always charge on my laptop, and sometimes overnight, too (although others will disagree with me). It okay if you don't take them off the charger right away.

Well my manual says I can NOT leave it screwed in once done cuz it will drain, I know it won't over charge when unscrewed but I'm afraid about it being not secured in a slot because Blu says always have their batteries secured where they arent wiggling around.

Keep in mind I have the old PCC that doesn't have overcharge protection so the batteries WILL drain if left screwed in, says so In my manual and I have tested it to see cuz I want to leave it screwed in. Takes a while, but does drain them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread