Questions about dripping....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, I am new to the forum and have been vaping for almost a month. I started out with Kanger tanks (pro-II and the mini II). I have an e-go C twist (1000 Mah) as well as a Smoktech Ace 18650 MOD. I am very interested in trying out "dripping", in order to experience the increased flavor/vapor that so many report from this method, however I am NOT currently interested in rba's. In my research I have found some great videos, but I am still confused about how the parts of my C- twist may actually fit together. I live in a rural area without hope of being able to visit a shop or lounge where I might find satisfactory answers to these questions and so I signed up after a month of reading the posts here that helped me navigate my switch, in order that I might prevail upon the mercy of the experts at ECF :) So...... I have found a 510 drip atomizer online and I know this will fit my C twist. I have also found the atomizer heads and bodies (types A & B respectively) for my C twist in matching colors. My question is this; will the matching atomizer body for my battery, fit OVER the drip atomizer? Or, can you drip on a e-go C atomizer head? Seriously need some light shed on this, and am frustrated that the answers to all this equipment compatibility nonsense isn't posted immediately within all product descriptions or is not at least immediately forthcoming in an internet search! I understand that I may not be able to drip while sporting an attractive set-up, but would REALLY prefer to have it all matching and tidy. I'm a mother and an RN, and I just feel better about gear that is a little less conspicuous for public use especially. TIA for any who can help clear up these muddy waters for me.

Rob0506

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2011
Renton, WA
What you need is a 510 atomizer, I recommend a Cisco spec or an HH.357 atomizer at about 2 ohms. Add a drip tip and a drip shield cone to go over the atomizer. All can be purchased at Avid Vaper, here is the link to the drip shield cone: https://www.avidvaper.com/drip-shield-cone/

The cone will keep it from leaking when you over drip and will give it a clean look.
The standard cones will fit over a standard 510 atomizer, but the drip shield is nice. Over dripping is very common, especially when you first start out and are getting a feel for it.

drummerskey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2012
little birdhouse in your soul
IMO, the drippers are not very conducive for using outside the home. It would require you to drip the juice directly on the wick and atomizer in a base that isn't very deep in most circumstances and about 8 drops will last about 10-15 minutes. Your eGo style battery will accommodate a 510 connection but it will thread in the hole instead of over the hole like your mini does. If you got a beauty ring with your PTII, you can use that to hide the threads.

Most drippers I have seen will be wider than your eGo battery but I am not familiar with your Smoktech, that may look better. I have also seen many drippers where there is a round, flat base and the top part comes off to expose the wick and atomizer so you can drip the juice on it.

Overall, your Protank will likely be the most inconspicuous.

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
You can't really drip on an eGo-C atomizer because of the way it's designed. It would take a needle tip to drip into that little tube. The 510 atomizer suggestion is a good one. Any 510 atomizer will do, the ones listed for dripping just eliminate the bridge in the middle that can get in the way. Dripping is a little inconvenient on a small atomizer, but I used this method solely for a year or more back when there really weren't any other options. A 510 atomizer will fit your device and you can get a cone or drip guard to make things look nicer, but they're not strictly necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread