Questions about itaste CLK

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
So today I was messing around and threw my Trident rba on my CLK out of boredom. I ran it with no problems for quite a while on 4.3 volts with a .9 ohm coil. I got to looking around and found some specs on the CLK listing it's wattage limit at 9.5 Watts and its Amp limit at 3 amps. Now from what I understand a .9 ohm coil at 4.3v should be 20.5 Watts and 4.78 Amps. Am I missing something here? From what I understand the CLK should not fire if the operating conditions are unsafe. Is this something I should avoid, or can I assume because the battery fired that I'm in the clear?

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Short answer is probably not. As it has an amp limit of 3amps, it is not firing at the full 4.3 volts, even though you have it set there.

I'm surprised it let you fire the .9ohm coil.

At the very least you are probably shortening the life of the battery. Relying on its built in protection to keep you safe is, in my opinion, not the best way to use that battery.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
I really hadn't / don't intend on using my CLK in this manner, my curiosity just got the best of me. I really didn't expect it to work.

I am very surprised it even fired it at .9 for sure.

I think a lot of us have tried stuff that might be described as uhm, inadvisable. I know my spinners will fire a dual coil igo-l at 1.2ohms for example... but I am not saying I've tried it :facepalm:

I wonder how low I can... nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread