Not open for further replies.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I'd be wary of that. If it's 500ma/5.0v total output, you're not going to deliver the voltage necessary for the USB chargers to work properly if you have more than one charger connected to it.

batteries can be dangerous if they're not used or charged properly. Why take unnecessary risks?

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
I'm glad you asked the question, dreamypleasures, cause I've been wondering the same thing myself. And I'm glad you answered, IBCR Media, though... pfui. Oh well, my Plan B (I'm tired of hunting for unused outlets to plug all those chargers into) is to hook up all my chargers to a superduper power strip, which will at least keep them together and organized.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I got Sick and Tired of the Tangle of USB Cables and Misc. Wall Worts involved to keep my e-Cigarette, Cell Phone and MP3 Player charged.

I could never find the Right Charger. Or a good Combination/Permutation to charge 2 things At Once.

So I finally broke down and bought one of these.

Amazon.com : Slim Wall Plate and Surge Protector - 3 AC + 2 USB - Add Additional Outlets and USB Ports While Protecting Your Devices - USB Includes 2.1amp Output to Charge iPad, iPhone, E-readers, Android, SmartPhones, and More : Electronics

Works Great. Charges Anything USB, or 2 Things USB, while still leaving Regular Outlets Free.

Choc_Addic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Caldicote tunnel
Consider this one as a good replacement to your wall usb charger.
Dealextreme SKU: 125079 (seach it).

Good reviews , nice output. I have the same one but bought from fleabay for a little bit more.

I love it since I now only have this one plugged in instead of 5 others that are now in a box in the garage where it belongs. I use it to charge 4 cellphones, tablet HP, 1 ecig and one handheld GPS. It charges them pretty fast too.

have fun.

PS. It charges my tablet really fast if only one item is plugged in.:2cool:

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
I bought one of these Amazon.com: Macally Mini 7-Port USB 2.0 Hub with AC Adapter (TriHub7): Electronics after a cheap evil charger fried my front USB ports. I have charged 2 ego type batteries at the same time with no problem. I may rethink that and only do one at a time after reading IBCR Media's post but I'll still use it.
I didn't buy it from Amazon, I can't remember where but it was 19.99 wherever it was.

Thanks everyone. I think I'll just do the power strip thing and keep them on individual chargers. It sounds safer. My charger died today. Hubby had to run to the smoke shop to get one for me as my order from price angels hasn't arrived yet. He paid $9 for the cord. I can get it for$1.72. It is the exact same item. It just burns me when I have to pay retail :) EGO USB 4.2V 420mA Charging Cable for Electronic Cigarette - WorldWide Free Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread