Quick tips on DIY E liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Franks

May 23, 2015
Hi people, been vaping for about 2 years and have been making my own juice for about 2 months now

I've just got a new bottle of 80/20 VG, PG base liquid which is pre mixed with nicotine (makes things easier considering I can get it in 12mg which I use anyways)

I was just wondering, does anyone mix this same ratio liquid with vodka or distilled water and get a better vape than just VG, PG and Flavouring alone?

I want as big clouds as possible, so I'm just wondering if anyone gets better clouds by mixing with vodka or distilled water, and if so, what percentage of it they use?

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Adding water or alcohol does not improve the cloud size. It is used to thin the juices out so they wick better. High VG mixes are very thick and some people will use water or alcohol rather than PG to thin the juice out so either because they are PG sensitive or do not want the increased throat hit that PG provides.

Personally I never add either to my mixes, but I also don't consider myself a hardcore cloud chaser so I'm rarely using 80% or more VG in a juice. I find that 70% VG works just fine for me and I don't have any wicking problems with that.

Jack Franks

May 23, 2015
Adding water or alcohol does not improve the cloud size. It is used to thin the juices out so they wick better. High VG mixes are very thick and some people will use water or alcohol rather than PG to thin the juice out so either because they are PG sensitive or do not want the increased throat hit that PG provides.

Personally I never add either to my mixes, but I also don't consider myself a hardcore cloud chaser so I'm rarely using 80% or more VG in a juice. I find that 70% VG works just fine for me and I don't have any wicking problems with that.
Ah thanks, I'm not having wicking difficulties to its all good then! I wouldn't consider myself a hardcore cloud chaser, but I just like a nice cloud!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread