Quitting smoking (Prosmoke in Canada)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigbird

Jul 27, 2011
Canada
Hello,

I recently decided to get off the real cigarettes and try an e-cigarette. I bought a Prosmoke device online. I didnt expect it to be the same, but its close enough to suffer through until I get used to it.

does anyone know if the Prosmoke cartridges are compatible with e-liquids? Can I just buy a bottle of the stuff and drip it on to the dry white foam material inside the used cartridge?

Shipping is expensive, so I'm trying to keep the cost down.

Also, has anyone else used the Prosmoke brand and can comment on thier satisfaction compared to others? I've heard that the Joye line is the way to go (subsequent to my original purchase obviously). Should I return the Prosmoke and order a Joye.

Thanks in advance!!

MTV

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Missouri
looks like the model is an M403...not bad...just overpriced with the prosmoke rebranding. I bought a greensmoke...model E9...before I found the forum...have since moved on to a Yeti 510...Riva 510...and Silver Bullet. The main thing is getting off the analogs with what ever works. Good luck and keep reading the forums:)

JustaGuy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Beyond The Sea
Congrats on switching! :thumb:

Yes, you can...drip juice into those carts. I believe Prosmoke is a 3-piece e-cig, batt + atty + cart (That's battery, atomizer and cartridge). You'll need a bent paperclip to move the filler around and help the juice settle into the cart.

There are hundreds of flavors of e-juice, so try small sampler bottles first, necessary expenditure. You don't want to be stuck with a flavor you hate. Once you have a favorite, go for the big bottle. People will recommend flavors to you, bet personal taste can be very different.

Good luck!

Last edited:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Yes you can fill the cartridges. You need an unbent paper clip. Take the cart off the battery, hold the open end up, and push an unbent paper clip into the mouth hole. That will push up the small inner juice cup. Add some liquid (but son't overdo it or the juice will end up in your mouth). Reposition the stuffing if needed at the top edge of the juice cup. Then you must get the little juice cup back down into the mouthpiece without pressing on the stuffing (like don't press it in with the atomizer. Use the unbent paper clip against the inner wall of the mouthpiece and the edge of the juice cup and press it back it. Or if your carts some with silicone plugs like real M4xx carts soo, you may be able to use the silicone plug to press the juice cup back down.

I recommend blue foam stuffing for replacement stuffing. Cheapest is see if strictlyejuice.com will send to Canada - their precut blue foam pieces for 510 (under $1 for 10!)are big enough to cut 1 or 2 foam plugs for M4xx carts. And search Youtube for: M401 blue foam (Watch that video but I cut mine longer - about 2/3 to 3/4 the inner length of the juice cup, and a tiny bit wider than the juice cup to hold it in place, but not so wide that the foam is pressed closed. And I taper the inner end). In a full fill, remove the blue foam plug, fill the juice cup 1/2 way, insert the tapered end and press the foam down into the liquid to wet it, reposition foam at the top edge of the cup. Now top off with 1-3 drops - whatever make it look just damp and not a puddle. As you vape you can just top off the foam until topping off doesn't help, then do a full fill. If strictlyejuice does not send to Canada, check Canada vapign vendors for blue foam or call large pet or aquarium supply shops and ask for Marineland Rite-Size U Bonded Foam Sleeve for H.O.T. Magnum Filters (that is the correct blue foam).

You MIGHT be able to find CE2 reservoir cartomizers for M4xx - those need a blunt or flexible syringe to fill.

I started on the longer M402 manuals and then M401 manuals. By the end of my first month vaping I bought both Joye 510 manual and KR808D-1 manual (I got the Vapor4Life model) and those two models are still what I mostly use. I use Boge standard resistance cartomizers on the 510 instead of the atty+cart (I have manuals so I use atty + drip tip to test juices and vape thicker juices). ANd I use KR808D-1 with Vapor4Life WOW carts and some other 2.5ohm soft-cap stuffing cartomizers. I kept using the M401 at home for a while just as an additional flavor I could pick up - it does a good job of delivering more delicate flavors

Last edited:

JustaGuy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Beyond The Sea
Big Bird, "510" is the model number originated by Joye, closest thing to a standard in this industry. It refers to the threads on the battery and atomizer. Prosmoke and the KR808D-1 have different threads, for instance, won't connect to the 510 without an adapter. Manufacturers have since improved on the 510 model, came out with bigger batts etc. but USE the same threads so that batts, attys, cartos and carts can be interchangeable. However, you can get into all the electrical stuff like volts, ohms and amps if you get variations of equipment.

I'm using a Joye 510, found batts too weak so am upgrading to Riva 510. I wanted to share the attys and carts between the two models, so I keep my attys around 2.5 ohms - standard. Different ohm attys don't work with all batt volts!

For reliable suppliers of hardware and juice, check the Forum Suppliers. Most all juice suppliers offer various nic levels to your liking. The rest is up to your PERSONAL taste. I like Dekang's tobacco flavors, but you may hate them! I've found MORE suppliers offering fake Dekang than real though, so beware. I know Cignot your Midwest Electronic Cigarette store. sells real Dekang jucice. Btw, Dekang is a Chinese brand and the world's largest juice maker. I know nothing about Canadian suppliers, sorry. Read the Canadian Forum?

Last edited:
Bigbird, I dont know where you are in Canada but I'm in Niagara Falls. So I just need cross the river to the US for nic juice. It's apparently illegal to sell in Canada but I'm not sure about the truths of the legislation cuz I've actually seen it for sale in some headshops here, and also on a First Nations Reserve. Chinner has told my that there are places in Toronto as well, but I havent checked that out yet. When I do find out some convienient quality Canadian shops and become less of a NOOB (lol) I'll post them.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
I don't believe it's actually illegal to sell or even possess it in Canada, however Health Canada does have a moratorium on E-cigarette merchandise and liquids to be held at the border as far as I know, but I don't know how firmly they're enforcing it, as I've never had a package disappear sent into limbo. Mind you, some vendors are kind enough to mark the customs box discreetly (without me even asking) so that may be a part of it. When HC does actually enforce they only seem to request that vendors remove only the nicotine-based E-liquids, not any hardware or 0nic stuff, because there are at least two vendors I know of that ran afoul of HC's cease & desist and they were only asked to remove the nic-based liquids. (One now carries only 0nic liquid, the other moved their liquid operation to the US.) So I think they're (probably grudgingly) allowing hardware. (Well, they'd better, as I'm about to splurge on a ProVari, so I'ma go ape**** on someone if it gets held up!)

However, there are still some Canadian vendors that cary nic-based liquids, at least one of which in Edmonton has been doing so for well over a year now and has never been targeted. Could be the luck of the draw, could be location. I dunno. (Both the vendors I know of that got the slap were in southern Ontario, both near where I live. I don't know if that has any bearing on it whatsoever, but there it is.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread