R80 folding telescoping mod... I loce this thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

eGoinMD

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2014
MD
I don't always use it as a pipe, but when I do, it works fabulously..

Honestly, I love this thing. My first mech mod, uses eGo toppers(using Smoke FBC clearos, and with the top on those, it doesn't get mush more pocket friendly for me), short, even in 18650 mode(used semi sidewinder style most of the time, pics to follow). Just sayin'...

eGoinMD

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2014
MD
Ok, I really do love this thing, to the point that I bought a second one. Here are pics of how I use it. Almost always(95+% of the time) used in 18650 mode. The charger that came with it is a backup at best, but no problems with the batteries so far. I can't vouch for it being "hard hitting", but it works just fine with my 1.8 to 2.0 ohm clearos.
NCM_1431.jpg

shgilman

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2014
Garland,Texas
I have a R80 also, for about 2 months now. I use a 0.9 ohm self-wound coil with organic cotton in a kanger mini-tank. It seems the mini tank was made for the R80. I installed a stainless swivel tip. I vape mostly tobaccos with hangsen being some of my favorites and I mix my own. The R80 is fantastic for going out and about. All though the 18350 battery won't give a lot of time vaping it still kicks as hard as a 19650 for a bit. It fits in my front pocket after I lock the firing button. My other tool is a ITaste VTR which is a tank. Its great for home vaping and long trips but weighs you down if its in your pocket. And it can blow some serious clouds with my regular 50/50 VG/PG mixes. In the VTR I wind around 1.2 ohms using a Kanger Aerotank. What can I say, I like Kanger and their prices and I can build my coils anyway I want.
Hope this helps!! :)

eGoinMD

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2014
MD
I now feel remiss in not having updated my own thread. Color me chastised...

Ok. I STILL love this thing. I am now to the point where I think that I want to evolve into a Kayfun Mini, just for the high liquid capacity. It might look a bit goofy, and the Kayfun might be a tad long(haven't nailed down pics), but I can see an 18650 and full 6ml Kayfun mini being an ADV.

As of now, an 18350 lasts 6-7 hours on a 1.8 ohm coil. But that is the point that I really notice a difference in vape quality.

Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread