The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Raleigh Vape Meet?

Discussion in 'Tarheel Vapers' started by ncpatches, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ncpatches

ncpatches Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 13, 2013
    Wake Forest NC USA
    Hi ya'll! So when's the next meetup in Raleigh? Fayetteville is a little far for me, but would love to meet some other Raleigh area vapers.

I think The Vapor Girl store, in Chapel Hill, had something earlier this year, but don't see much on the forum.

Come on Raleigh vapers! Let's get something planned for spring!!:vapor::banana::vapor::thumb:

2. spaceballsrules

spaceballsrules Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 6, 2011
    Cary, NC
    I'm in! Just need a time and place.

3. ncpatches

Nov 13, 2013
    Wake Forest NC USA
    Well, that's 3, you, me and a member in Garner. Gotta see who we can find.....

4. mdw3258calif

mdw3258calif Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 16, 2013
    Garner NC
    Yep I'm in, I'm the Garner person. FWIW, The Vapor Girl in Chapel Hill said they would arrange a party-ish special-prep thing for us if we want to meet there... They might want more than just 3 folks, but hey, we have the Power of ECF!

5. ncpatches

Nov 13, 2013
    Wake Forest NC USA
    We got to get the word out, I know there are more in NC, have chatted with a couple. Let me see what I can do.

6. ncpatches

Nov 13, 2013
    Wake Forest NC USA
    I made a new post in the Lounge and asked on the Old people and Vaping thread.

7. Javaboy

Javaboy Full Member Verified Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Prospect Hill,NC,USA
    Hi guys,

I would love to meet at Vapor Girl almost anytime. Just let me know. Someone tried to send a IM and I could not open it.

8. ncpatches

Nov 13, 2013
    Wake Forest NC USA
    Great! We're trying to get a a small group together and TheVaperGirl shop is very accommodating. If you haven't been there, they are a great group.

Deb - NCPatches

9. mdw3258calif

Nov 16, 2013
    Garner NC
    Hey Javaboy, that was probably me that sent you the IM. Just as good though that you're here. Was just touching base, and I think you said that you are not far from The Vapor Girl, right?

Not that we're hyping that particular store, but it is maybe kind of central, and is as far as I know the only true B&M store that is much near all of us.

I sneak-ordered some of their juices because I'm impatient, and I've loved each one I've vaped so far. That is a LOT better than I can say for most of the other 4-5 vendors I've ordered from, and I researched them all before I ordered. They had lots of great reviews!

So fwiw I'm kind of thrilled with The Vapor Girl choice as a meet place, especially since I mentioned to them the possibility of a little gathering there, and they wrote back on my order sheet to say that if we let them know when we're coming they'll try to arrange some extra nice preparations for us.

10. MrSelf Destruct

MrSelf Destruct Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2013
    Cobra Island
    If I'm not working I'd like to meet up. I'm located in Youngsville.

11. mdw3258calif

Nov 16, 2013
    Garner NC
    Very cool, MrSelfD, we'll keep in touch, and keep an eye on this thread. We're thinking maybe another couple of months to let the weather warm up a little bit. But never know, we could get impatient!

12. ncpatches

Nov 13, 2013
    Wake Forest NC USA
    Nice to see there's a few of us in the area.

Sorry I've been away, had a crazy holiday week!:blink:

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Year. :)

13. StrappedKaos

StrappedKaos Moved On ECF Veteran

May 16, 2013
    Raleigh,NC
    So I just caught this thread, I am local in Raleigh and would also enjoy a vape meet up. Misty mountain, level eleven or puffin monkey might be able to get the word out in store and triangle vapors on facebook too. Get a small group of people together and share vape time. I can bring some samples of my local Juice company brew and shot the chit with everyone. Let me know if anyone is interested as I have a new born daughter so time for me is tight but still interested. Adam

14. ncpatches

Nov 13, 2013
    Wake Forest NC USA
    Sounds great! We're hoping for spring and with the temps now, it can't come too soon!:ohmy:

We're slowly building up a group and I can't wait to meet everyone. :)

Keep in touch!

Deb - NCPatches

15. Shihzam

Shihzam Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 8, 2010
    NC
    Is there still any interest on this in the Triangle area? Like to see this take off now that we are nearing the spring season. I plan to go by Vape Girl and Level Eleven today just to check them out. Never been in a B&M, hope to start spending more money local.

16. mdw3258calif

Nov 16, 2013
    Garner NC
    I'm positive there's still interest. Just a matter of getting ourselves together at a particular day and time. I'm hoping a Saturday would work for folks, as my weekdays have gotten pretty crowded.

I've finally been to The Vapor Girl and it was great, good staff and a nice little vapor bar. It's the only one I've been to.

17. nicholasv00

nicholasv00 Full Member Verified Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Nash County NC
    Just ran across this thread, I am from rocky mount and I am interested in also joining in for a meet in the triangle area! I work part time at a B&M shop in Rocky Mount.

18. Vykos

Vykos Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2014
    North Carolina
    I work in raleigh, and i want to do a meet!!! count me in!!

19. bgibs1

bgibs1 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 12, 2014
    Lizard Lick NC
    Just caught this thread, It sounds like a good group starting to come together. If anybody gets over towards Knightdale, theres a cool little B&M called Vapor Shack. They have what they call a "builders class" every other Friday from 7ish until... I'm not a big builder but it's cool to hang out with other Vape types. I did get some wire on Ebay and amgoing to learn how to rebuild my little EVOD coils. The next one is Friday the 5th. They also have some good local made juices. Sorry I didn't mean to sound like a commercial I just really like the place and the crew that run it.

20. ncpatches

Nov 13, 2013
    Wake Forest NC USA
    Thanks for the info! Waiting on a Kayfun Lite, on a slow boat from china.:laugh: But will certainly take them up on a class.

Since the weather is getting warmer, maybe we can do something soon about a get-together.

You know the problem is being able to find B&M's. The only one I've come across online is TheVaporGirl. These other stores need to get listed on the site with a national registry so we can look them up. Would be helpful for them and us. More exposure means more money for them and gives us a choice of where to go.

Maybe we need to put together a list of stores in Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and include those in surrounding areas, like the one in Rocky Mt. Heck it's as close to me as VaporGirl. I'm about midway between them. What I wouldn't give to have one in Wake Forest.:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.