• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Rally 'round the flag my friends !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiteStyle

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Australia
Hi peoples,

Just been reading this thread and most of the big one about the Aussie ban. Had a look at the baccy-free site and applaud the guys who set it up. Just wondering: Is there any momentum left in this movement, or has everyone sort of settled down into vaping in a grey area and crossing their fingers every time a package goes thru customs?

Anyway, I'm keen to help if there's anything to be done.

KiteStyle

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Australia
According to some other threads the state of play is that posession of an e-cig with nicotine in it is an actionable offence. It would be kind of cool to get charged with posession and then mount a campaign based on that. Rope in some sympathetic people to help with the legals and media, take it to the populist media (Today Tonight etc, much as I hate them) and generally use the trial as a platform to get the word out and apply some pressure.

Not saying I'm going to rush down there, but I wonder if vaping in front of police HQ would get any interest from them?

Does anyone here watch 'Hungry Beast'?
If you do, you will know that they do a lot of funny stuff, but also some serious stories.
They looked at robots in the military, and a pedophiles side of the story.
Now I think if we all Googled 'Hungry Beast', find the 'Suggest a story' link and recommend they do a story on Vaping we could get some awareness into Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread