Status
Not open for further replies.

Raynen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
CT
gamingraynen.blogspot.com
:facepalm: For the past two weeks, I've been having taste, cartridge, atty, and flooding issues up a wazoo. I have 510 batts and regular 510 attys. Three of them are basically 5-6 months, and one is about 2 months; these are my trouble attys. I am a cart user and I really do like them, and haven't had that much of an issue. If I do, it's usually something stupid that I've done and could have been prevented. :laugh:

The flavor has seemed to just disappear. I can barely taste anything. I've been using attys and carts with minimal issues, and never had THIS bad of a taste issue. I've cleaned all of my attys with a rubbing alcohol (70%) soak and let them dry. Just... nothing! I've been drinking water and tongue scraping and gargling just to get it back! I have no idea what's wrong.

One of my attys, dedicated to my waffle flavor, has now decided to not wick anything in my cart. It just acts like I'm dripping, but I'll have a fully loaded cart. I've tried to blow out the juice, try again, do less drops, do more... This atty is about 6 months old. It heats up but doesn't overheat quickly. It just doesn't want to use any of the cart juice, no matter what. The polyfil in this cart has been the exact same shape and size (I pre-cut them :vapor:) as before, and now I'm having issues. Is it dying, or just needs a REAL good cleaning again?

The other attys are doing the opposite, and heat up MEGA quick and flood when I hook up a juiced up cart. The only things I can thing of are either that I cut my polyfil so thin that the juice floods right to the atty, or that I'm just dropping too much on the atty. The only problem with the latter is that I'll try one drop and a loaded cart. Tastes burnt-ish with small flavor. Two, it's getting better but not there. Three does well, but then after I take a few drags, and set it down for a minute, and then pick it up... it's flooded like WHOA. Like I said, I probably just cut the poly-fil too thick, and I hope that that's the only issue. If it's not the poly-fil, what could be the issue?

My other question is about cartos. I tried to use boge 510 soft cap cartos. I really didn't like them because they were airy and had little flavor and no TH. Are there any other cartos that are not as airy and won't mute flavor/TH? Is the Tank a carto, and does a 510 have a Tank?

:vapor: Thank you for anyone who can help. I've been trying very hard to just deal with it and not give in to the evil analog (even when friends are smoking around me). I would have chucked my 510 when I had first gotten it at the evil mall kiosk if it wasn't for the fact that I found ECF (of course, AFTER I buy the 510 at a ridiculous price...).

+Raynen

permafrying

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
montrose co
sounds like your atty's could be dying, did you dry burn when you cleaned? also a good cheap cart mod is to cut a piece of polyfill you would use in the cart to about 1/2 to 1/4 the normal size and fill the cart itself with juice then put the poly fill in flush with the top, no leaks and it wicks waaay better. as far as cartos if your not using a riva or ego i don't know much about 510 cartos that you could use. maybe ce2's or the g4's that just came out today over at liberty flights. if you do have a riva or an ego of course gotta reccomend the dual coils :)

Raynen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
CT
sounds like your atty's could be dying, did you dry burn when you cleaned? also a good cheap cart mod is to cut a piece of polyfill you would use in the cart to about 1/2 to 1/4 the normal size and fill the cart itself with juice then put the poly fill in flush with the top, no leaks and it wicks waaay better. as far as cartos if your not using a riva or ego i don't know much about 510 cartos that you could use. maybe ce2's or the g4's that just came out today over at liberty flights. if you do have a riva or an ego of course gotta reccomend the dual coils :)

My poly-fil cart is basically that, but I just don't fill it up all the way. I think I put about 6-7 drops and then put the polyfil in, then I fill it up until it's ready to go. I think that's what is the issue, though, is the poly-fil itself. I think I just cut them waaay too thin so the juice just goes RIGHT onto the atty.

:laugh: I am pretty exhausted today so if I sound jumbled, that's probably why :lol:

Edit: I did dry burn twice and tried each time, and then decided to give it an alky bath. I swear by dry burning, so I know I didn't just burn it to its death. I'll be sad if it dies, I don't wanna break in a new one :laugh: I don't have a riva or an ego but I'm very close to just getting a Reo Mini to solve most of these issues. I started a thread asking about "mini juice box mods" and now it's deciding if I want to buy one and when I can if I choose.

Thank you for the help :)

Last edited:

permafrying

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
montrose co
My poly-fil cart is basically that, but I just don't fill it up all the way. I think I put about 6-7 drops and then put the polyfil in, then I fill it up until it's ready to go. I think that's what is the issue, though, is the poly-fil itself. I think I just cut them waaay too thin so the juice just goes RIGHT onto the atty.

:laugh: I am pretty exhausted today so if I sound jumbled, that's probably why :lol:
hmm could always try some blue foam or pyramid tea bags. lol it's all good so am i

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Get yourself an ultra sonic jewelry cleaner. It works wonders on old atomizers. Takes all the gunk right out of them. I had a few that lost performance after 3 months. Not dead just went downhill. I bought me a cleaner, used plain water, and it brought them back to full life. I hope I can get 3 more months out of them. Harbor freight, amazon, and other places carry them.

My 2 favorite cartomizers are boge lr's and ikenvape's mega lr and standard 510's. The ikenvape's aren't are airy as the boge. Produce good flavor, th, and vapor.

Raynen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
CT
Get yourself an ultra sonic jewelry cleaner. It works wonders on old atomizers. Takes all the gunk right out of them. I had a few that lost performance after 3 months. Not dead just went downhill. I bought me a cleaner, used plain water, and it brought them back to full life. I hope I can get 3 more months out of them. Harbor freight, amazon, and other places carry them.

My 2 favorite cartomizers are boge lr's and ikenvape's mega lr and standard 510's. The ikenvape's aren't are airy as the boge. Produce good flavor, th, and vapor.

I'll definitely get me a jewelry cleaner to save my waffle atty! Last resort! Thank you!

Aren't Lr's bad for standard 510s because LRs drain regular batts? This confuses me hehe.

permafrying

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
montrose co
Okay I'm definitely interested in the 510T Tank Atomizer thing. It looks awesome, but I'm always a skeptic :unsure:

i've been interested in these also, heard allot of good things about them. you could also try the 510 smart carts, it's basically a pre modded cart from my understanding, it's got a piece of filler in the front and a tank behind it you fill with a syringe. there's a thread on here somewhere about them not sure where to get them exactly...

Raynen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
CT
i've been interested in these also, heard allot of good things about them. you could also try the 510 smart carts, it's basically a pre modded cart from my understanding, it's got a piece of filler in the front and a tank behind it you fill with a syringe. there's a thread on here somewhere about them not sure where to get them exactly...

I think if I go with anything 510 that's different, I might as well try the Tank. :laugh: I'm watching video reviews right now :) It seems great, and I think I'm heavily interested!

permafrying

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
montrose co
I think if I go with anything 510 that's different, I might as well try the Tank. :laugh: I'm watching video reviews right now :) It seems great, and I think I'm heavily interested!

well all youll need is the atty and tank carts so won't be to much of an investment to try out :) have you considered ego's or riva's at all? would open you up allot more and let you use lr stuff. if the size of it is off putting they're really not big, they're about as wide as a dime and shorter then a standard battery

Raynen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
CT
well all youll need is the atty and tank carts so won't be to much of an investment to try out :) have you considered ego's or riva's at all? would open you up allot more and let you use lr stuff. if the size of it is off putting they're really not big, they're about as wide as a dime and shorter then a standard battery

To be honest I don't know why I've never considered switching to eGos or Rivas. I love my 510s :lol: I do chain-vape but I have a 4 battery cycle. My flavor and Th are perfect except for of course now with my atty issues =/ I'll change up my polyfil and see how things go for now and then I'll invest in the Tank :)

permafrying

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
montrose co
To be honest I don't know why I've never considered switching to eGos or Rivas. I love my 510s :lol: I do chain-vape but I have a 4 battery cycle. My flavor and Th are perfect except for of course now with my atty issues =/ I'll change up my polyfil and see how things go for now and then I'll invest in the Tank :)
if what you got works for ya then stick with it :) but if you need something more don't be afraid to upgrade lol. im already thinking about upgrading again after only having the riva for a month.. but thats more of me not being able to resist all the options :D

Raynen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
CT
Get a maptank...youll never go back to carts. The vortex is very nice also and not too expensive.
Ooh What's a maptank? I'll have to look into that as well.

Don't use a LR atty on a regular 510...you will kill your battery.

I think I would cave and blow out a new atty and enjoy !
:( Only problem is I have no back-up attys. I'll be buying one ASAP but I'm interested in the Tank as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread