Random questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cougar

May 31, 2019
I recently bought a Geekvape Aegis Legend LE, colorshift teal with alpha tank. This year I tryed a cheap compact kit to see if i would slow down on smoking ciggs or stop altogether. It helped quite alot, so I upgraded. I guess I just have alot of questions.
I've only tryed a few kinds of juice. First I used LNW 80vg/20pg 24mg, 120ml ice, and 120ml menthol on the starter kit. I don't use what I have left from LNW, it now smells like a hamster cage. The Geekvape Aegis I tryed 50/50 18mg MT BAKER VAPOR extreme ice 30ml. Just to try a 50/50 mix. Not a fan of a 50/50 mix, I also bought a 30 ml bottle of vg. Just cut it roughly in half in my tank down to 9mg nic 75vg/25 pg. Batteries are 18650 Golisi S30.

I also ended up buying a set of LG HG2, they had a label around the pack. Not to be used in vapes. Is that just to cover they're backside? (From Amazon)

The geekvape aegis uses the alpha tank with the meshmellow coils. I started at lower wattages like 25-30 and slowly increased it. 50-60 watts after pressing the fire button it would produce a small amount of vapor for 2-3 seconds(yes I watched the timer in the mirror to check lol), then it would produce thicker vapor. Is that just because the coil was heating up? After that it was popping alot, no spitback tho. But when I used a different setting where it starts at 60 watts, then drops to 55, then 50, then to 45 it didn't have that 2-3 second low vapor delay. I read that popping is sign of too low a wattage. I tryed it at 90 watts and it was a quiet sizzle, but way to hot for me.

Is there any difference in vg and/or pg that varies from retailer to retailer?

And thank you all who made it this far through all my randomness

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
The batteries have the not for vaping just to cover their ... like you suspected. It’s odd that you aren’t getting vapor at 50-60 watts because I use the alpha tank at those wattages and get great vapor production. My only guess is maybe your batteries are low and unable to provide the power. If they are fully charged and have the ratings necessary for your atomizer then I’m at a loss. Good luck finding answers, I have nothing to provide.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi,
You need to draw strongly and sustain the draw.
Mimic the technique used by the reviewer at : time stamps - 2:05/3:20/4:40/6:12
Pay particular attention to the comments after the 6:12 demonstration.
If you are not using the tank as the reviewer does, that may contribute to your dissatisfaction/frustration.
I would suggest you use a 70%VG (or greater ) liquid with a 3mg/ml nicotine content in the alpha tank.

HTH
I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread