RATank by Crack

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHumberson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Got ahold of this tank from dfwvapor for $71. It is quite steep in price compared to the Smoktech VV and the Phoenix. It came with a foot of nichrome 32 gauge wire and a foot of wick as well as replacement o rings. I opted for 325 ss mesh. Set up was simple. The positive and negative posts are spring loaded with a washer for quick adjustments to hot spots ect... This is a rebuildable atomizer which is not for everyone. I spent several hours reading and watching tutorial videos on how to rebuild.

This tank seems to be built very sturdy. The tank is polycarbonate so care must be taken with certain flavors such as cinnamon, banana, ect. The air holes are drilled by the 510 connector and it places the airflow up the ground post directly underneath the coil which I absolutely love. The tank comes apart easily for cleaning. I have not attempted a dual coil yet on this device but it does seem possible. So far I am extremely happy with it. The RATank produces excellent vapor and the flavor is awesome (currently vaping apple pie). The assembly was quick and can be done with no tools, so no looking for a tiny screwdriver.

Awesome vapor production
2 ohm coil at 4.2 volts
325 ss mesh
Photo on 9-16-12 at 11.22 AM.jpg

Full Pic with top
Photo on 9-16-12 at 11.22 AM #2.jpg

Overall the RATank is awesome. It looks a bit monster garageish with the orange o rings and the huge posts. I have nicknamed mine the Frankenstein for that reason. It is a design that is simple yet sturdy. The price is a bit steep as the $71 price tag is a sale price from $91. I have heard of these tanks dropping in price down to $61 on occasion.

On a quick side note, my first build went horribly wrong. I had my wick to long and it made contact with the post inside the tank. This left a horrible metal taste in my mouth that lasted over a day.

Hope this review was useful. I definitely love the RATank and plan to use it for a long time.

Happy Vaping:vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread