Rba coil questions!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I usually build my own coils and feel like I do okay, and it meets all my vape "cravings"

I see people talking and showing off pictures of micro coils and twisted kanthal builds and it has me confused as to how it works or why it works.

Are there benefits to doing this? How does it reduce the resistance if there is more wire being used :confused:

also might help to explain it to me like im a child ;D to reduce the amount of follow up questions haha; I dont usualy like asking too many questions.

TIA!!!

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome to ECF , but as Tj has already said . Most of those fancy coils , come from people that have lots of free time . If the one's you are making are working for you , no need to even go anywhere else , unless you want to . I mostly wrap sub-ohm coils for myself , but once in awhile I try some of these other elite type coils , just to see if they perform any better than what I already have . Wire is pretty cheap , so not much expense involved with experimenting . Good Luck and vape on .....

Kanj.nguyen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Princeton, NJ
Unlike extreme low res vaping stuff, micro coils have a point, and are actually very innovative. By bunching up the wraps, you are focusing and thus utilizing a lot of the heat that is otherwise wasted. Also, the zero distance between wraps mean completely even heat distribution on the area covered by the coil. Makes for much smoother vape.

I dont use them because i use ribbon, which by nature achieve maximum heated surface area anyway, but that doesnt mean i do not admire the innovation.

Micro coils are NOT extreme vaping. At a completely reasonable resistance, say 1.5 ohm, it can provide extreme satisfying vapes on par with or some say better than ultra low res stuff. And battery life are a few times longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread