Not open for further replies.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Bubinga!

Ryan (Rastabuddhatao) has another sale on this weekend with 33% off with the code RBTlovesFC
Sweet! Thanks for letting us know! And I just so happened to pick up my Splinter Z this morning :) will try it out tonight or tomorrow at the latest, super excited. It's very nice looking, beautiful. I just cleaned it up a bit but it appeared to be perfectly clean and ready to vape. I plan to try wattage mode first around 35ish watts, but I'm going to look into the temp control stuff as well which is probably awesome for this. I'll check out his sale because I actually wouldn't mind getting a wooden mouth piece for things like hiking.

1115191144.jpg

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Alright, so I took the Z for a test spin last night and I'll post my initial thoughts below. Will post again after a week or two when I have a better feel for it.

I vaped 3 half-bowls over the course of the night on a lost vape Drone, seen here:

DLfSOCR.jpg

I used power mode for the first at around 38 watts per Psyentist's post earlier in this thread. I was pretty conservative with it as I was nervous about combustion, but had a very nice session with tasty vapor! Lemon Kush was the strain of the night and it was quite delicious! I did notice a little charring on parts of the load, and attribute this to user error.

I then downloaded the DNA250c profile from the link Psyentist posted and got it set up for TC mode. This was a much nicer vape. I started at 380 degrees fahrenheit and slowly bumped it up to 420 degrees. At the end of the session, there was a nice, even roast throughout--perfectly vaporized with no hot spots. I was just using the default wattage and preheat settings that came with the profile, but I'll mess around as time goes on to find what suits me best.

Later I did another half-bowl and enjoyed it even more. This is a great device - very easy to use, but with lots of room for growth. Beautifully made, with a lot of options for mouthpieces. I was using the cooling stem recommended by Psyentist and it is amazing.

Worth every penny IMO and I couldn't be happier that my money is supporting a local business. I may send RBT a message and see if I can find out where they're at specifically (I'm just curious, as it's very possible this is designed within an hour of where I live). I'll be picking up a 2nd, probably today while they're still on sale - looks like Wenge is back in stock :wub:

@Fog n Vape I am so excited for you! Please let us know your thoughts when you receive yours :)

@Psyentist thank you so much for bringing this to our attention!

And thanks to ECF for opening the Cannabis Forum! This product (along with the Dynavap) has revolutionized how I consume cannabis. I'm officially done with combustion (save for trips where I may not be able to take my vapes) and am a healthier Sloth as a result (and warmer--who wants to go outside to smoke when it's subzero?) :thumbs:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Got some cool pictures today. My wenge Splinter Z atop my wenge REO Woodvil.
And in one shot, alongside my wenge Dynastash. Wenge all over the place!
One shot you'll notice a bud in the squonk hole. That's some Elektra from Cascadia Blooms, CBD flower - I've been vaping on hemp flower this past week. It's really relaxing and quite tasty in the Z :thumbs:

Wenge-on-Wenge-9128.jpg

Wenge-on-Wenge-9153.jpg

Wenge-on-Wenge-9134.jpg

Wenge-on-Wenge-9166.jpg

Wenge-on-Wenge-9177.jpg

Wenge-on-Wenge-9207.jpg

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
Disaster due to user error, forgot I placed mod with splinter and glass on the steps into house. Came out of house and knocked it down the last step to the porch. The adhesive holding the glass insert in place let loose. On the plus side it dosen't appear that there is any real damage other then the adhesive needing to be cleaned off and reset. The dimpled glass stem did not break, tough glass. Next will be to send photos to Ryan and get a repair estimate and mail it in for service and repair. Being basically a one man show I don't expect this to be a quick turnaround but to my uneducated perusal of the situation it is repairable but will update when I hear back from Ryan.

Attachments

• 20200523_073630.jpg
    20200523_073630.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 21
  • 20200523_073814.jpg
    20200523_073814.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Sloth Tonight

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
Splinter back up and vaping. As per Ryan's, RBT owner, instructions, finally I got into the city and got some 2 part adhesive, good to 300 degrees Fahrenheit, and reattached the glass insert. Working great again. I do like supporting niche manufacturers and Ryan and RBT have answered all my emails promptly with good information, plus saved me the cost of shipping and a repair charge. Right on, ty Ryan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread