RDA for someone with fat fingers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSystemHasFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Valhalla
A UDI 2n1 (tank or drip mode) is about the same as your T2 and I think it's the biggest you can find.

All you need is some helper tools mentioned by fellow ecf'ers above and some additional tool like vise, spring pullers, tweezers, etc.

and should be no problemo building even the smallest of the rda's.
It's a UD AGI. :)

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Big hands and bad eyes don't stop me. Have both igo-l and igo-w. Tweezers, snips, and a magnifying glass are my tools. That 3rd hand thing a previous poster pictured looked like it would be good to. Going to check into that.

I would like one of those dedicated magnifying lamps someday. Hoping to find a good used one somewhere. And my eyes aren't really that bad, no restriction on my license or anything. Just that my optometrist told me that I was getting up there in age and the next time I came in I would probably need bifocals. That was 12 years ago, i'm putting it off as long as possible.

so remember folks when in MN drive BEHIND this person :D

j/k

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
Hey, with the right tools and, know how, anyone can do RBAs. Arthritis, wear progressive lens glasses to avoid the horrid look of trifocals and, I can still do it. Those third hand tools, small needle nose and, magnifiers are crucial, take my tools away and I have a bunch of useless RBAs around here.

Smoktech RSST
Should be a good one for you

So the SmokTek RSST, isn't that Genesis style? I was reading genesis style have a steeper learning curve than using wick, so was thinking of going the wick route for my first one. Would you agree with that, or is the RSST relatively easy to figure out?

sss1911

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2013
Charlotte, NC
So the SmokTek RSST, isn't that Genesis style? I was reading genesis style have a steeper learning curve than using wick, so was thinking of going the wick route for my first one. Would you agree with that, or is the RSST relatively easy to figure out?

Yeah I misread when you said RDA. It is a wick style genesis but it is more of a beginner model. The spring loaded center post makes it much easier than the thumb screws. There are plenty of videos on YouTube that show more detailed info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread