RDA's vs Throwaway Drip Atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sed Contra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Northeast Ohio
I understand the benefit of being able to build and rebuild rda's to whatever resistance one desires and the ability to dry burn them for added longevity.

I imagine that the greatest benefit of a throwaway atomizer is being able to blow them out easily when switching flavors.

Are there other major differences?

Here's what I'm thinking: a rda may be better for doing LOTS of dripping, as sometimes I do in the evening, but a throwaway may be better for testing juices and putting it away until the next testing session.

Am I making sense so far?

A question: usually when I'm putting away one of my RDA's for the evening, I make sure that it's nice and wet so that the next time I pick it up it's saturated and ready to go; is it okay to clean out a throwaway and store it dry?

Thanks for the help. I've learned a lot, but there is always more to learn. Further, I'm trying to understand things...to think correctly about things...to learn to think through things for myself and make wiser decisions.

When would you choose one over the other - and why?

SilverZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Illinois, USA
I've chosen RDA over throwaway after I started using cotton balls as wicking material! :)

Me too, it's just so easy to pull the old cotton out, do a quick dry burn, and add new cotton when changing flavors.

I still do have a 510 dripping atty that I bought a few months ago but at this point it's reserved for a specific flavor. I have a chocolate dessert vape that I love but that I can only vape for short periods of time; usually after dinner I'll pull out that atty and do some dripping with it. Most people say that you can just blow the old juice out and add a different flavor but for me that old flavor tends to hand around more than I would like.

As to storing them dry I don't think there is any problem with doing that; at least I haven't had any issues with it. However, when I am ready to vape with it again I always make sure to prime it by adding 5 or 6 drops of eliquid then letting it just sit for 10 minutes or so. Then I add 3 or 4 more drops and vape away without issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread