??? RE: Battery for Provari

Status
Not open for further replies.

desertlover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Southern California
I just got a used Provari and haven't been able to get it running. I assumed the batteries I had on hand would work. Anyone know if a Trustfire 18650 3.7 Li-on 2400 mah should be able to fire this puppy up? Not a flat top, has a nipple (correct term??) on positive end, fully charged, never used. Have extension cap, of course.

Last edited:

Thorbear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I just checked on mine, and it defaults to power on when you remove the battery. It is designed to only use button tops as that serves as the reverse battery protection. It must not make the connection somehow, can you see from pictures if the buttom top on your battery is less pronouced than the aw imr's?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Sounds like that is an ICR protected battery. Those may or may not work in a Provari. The protected circuit built into the ICR battery may cause the Provari to shut down.

The recommended battery for a Provari is the unprotected IMR, high drain (safer chemistry) battery. http://rtdvapor.com/online-store/batteries/aw-imr-18650-3-7v-2000mah-detail

The following can be found on the Provape website:

"batteries - We only recommend using approved 18490 and 18650 batteries in the ProVari. All of the batteries that we sell on our website have been tested to work with the ProVari and these are the only cells you should use. There is a big difference between all the different batteries on the market and a lot of testing has been done on these various batteries. The reason we recommend using high drain cells is because these cells can output more current providing the ProVari with the power it needs to operate properly. There are a number of batteries that will cause issues including the Trustfire, Ultrafire and other brands. These batteries cannot handle higher current output and the battery will turn off while in use or cause a low battery alert much sooner than it should because the batteries have a high internal resistance. Please make sure you get the proper batteries to use in the ProVari to avoid problems."

Last edited:

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
I just got a used Provari and haven't been able to get it running. I assumed the batteries I had on hand would work. Anyone know if a Trustfire 18650 3.7 Li-on 2400 mah should be able to fire this puppy up? Not a flat top, has a nipple (correct term??) on positive end, fully charged, never used. Have extension cap, of course.

You must use IMR nipple top batteries in a Provari....
Provape built it around the AW 18650 IMR 2000 mah battery...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread