Ready to Try a Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruchamah

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2010
TN
Ok I think I am ready to take the plunge to a REAL mod, but I am also scared to death, LOL.
I currently use the eGo and the 510 and am pretty happy, now that I finally have a menthol that is a reasonable knock-off to my analogs, or at least I have convinced myself of that.
Soooo...I think I want the smaller Chuck, but am considering moving to 901s. WHat would the advantage of that be? I have back ups of the eGo batts (5) and about 10/510 attys. WHat would I NEED to be set up with the CHuck, ie attys/cartos, etc?? Thanks for all your help, this Forum ROCKS!
Ruch

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
Go for the Big Chuck for a real advantage....vape at 3.7v for 3-4 days between chargees or pump it up to 6v for a WOW experience...I use mine w the 510 connector and have the adapter package to use any atty/carto I wish :)

I have both the big and Little Chuck but prefer the Big Chuck bc its versatility. You WONT be disappointed with it! :D

crand

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2009
Scottsdale, AZ
Crand, I am thinking of maybe trying a diff atty and then a different carto. Maybe I should just stick with the eGo. The proprietary batteries are a bit scary, in case of a ban, so that is why I am considering the Chuck. Also, it is built like a tank and from all I have read, the customer service is outstanding.

Big or Little Chuck... tough decision, honestly I don't think you can go wrong with either one in any atty configuration. Jeff builds a really nice product.

Ruchamah

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2010
TN
Hey Crash, did you get the adpater package from Jeff? Which carts/cartos do you use? Do they work well at 3.7? I dont think I need a stronger TH, am pretty happy now.
I am trying to work out just what to order. Also, I am pretty small person and I just dont want the large one, small is just more my persona lol
Thanks so much for the help!
Ruch

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
I understand :)

If your not curious about 6v, then the smaller one just may be the best choice!

Yes, I have adapters from Jeff as well as some from heaven-gifts...they look identical to me. I use every carto/atty available (as Im most certainly obsessed w/vaping ;)) and they ALL work great! I prefer the 510 and 901 styles mostly, but DO enjoy the occassional 801 vape. The 40x models also work well, but Im not big on exposed attys, as I LOVE drip tips!

For the Little Chuck I use 3-4 drips and vape away! When vapor starts dropping off I add 3 more. Cartos I mainly use for driving at nite and the 510 cartos are on thier way-as they are the ONLY thing Ive yet to try. I have been reccommended by very highly respected ppl in the community to try them so Im excited abt that...:)

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
he does NOT sell the batts...for the prot 18350s, see Welcome to MadVapes LLC, hoogie has the charger AND batts you will need, along with pretty much anything else. For bulk ordering, I use Wholesale & Retail Best E-smoking Supplier, as they give discounts (nice ones at that) for ordering 10 or more and you get points that further disc future orders. I get all my cartos and attys there bc they are dirt cheap :)

Good luck and feel free to ask me anything to help you along ur new Chuck journey ;) Im sure you will LOVE ur Chuck as much as I love mine!

Last edited:

ella

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2010
Winnipeg, Canada
While the button is on the small side, it does work each and every time. One thing I'd like to add is how nice this mod feels to the touch. Mine's wrapped with an image of my choosing and it just feels really good, not quite smooth but not bumpy either. I like how it feels compared to an uncoated metal unit.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Get the 510 connector if you're gonna vape at 3.7

I don't think the 901 works very well at 3.7 volt, the 510 however works wonders

IMO at 3 ohms the 901 is better suited for 5 volts

I'll offer a second on the 510 connector. I've used Joye 510s since I started vaping and have only had one go bad on me in ten months, three of those months dripping my Chuck. I do have a bit of a problem with the atty I currently have on my Chuck since I stuck it in my back pocket one time and sat on it. Chuck was okay but the atty is a bit loosey goosey at the male connector joint, but it's still trucking so I Haven't changed it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread